is there victory in defeat?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by mariecstasy, Jun 1, 2004.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hang in sweetheart-the love that comes through to you from the folks here is amazing--and the advice should give you much food for thought and hopefully something of value relative to what is happening in your life.To offer anything more would be to paraphrase what has been offered.I can only suggest one that has not been mentioned--laughter--in mega doses.However you can be a part of ,or friend to ,those for whom laughter and joy are a daily habit,you will surely benefit.I believe laughter and enjoyment augment the part of our brains that enable us to go on and forget the otherwise unbearable situations we see,hear and undergo in our daily lives.Discard those for whom misery is welcome company--avoid that which brings you down.Carlos Castenada said"when knowledge is desired,a teacher will appear".I say "when laughter is desired ,a bunch of clowns will appear"I'm a clown--and so is my whole family--no one stays troubled or sad for very long anywhere we are.It works for us --I hope it means something to you.---I love you--and obviously,so do many others-----------------------------------------------scratcho---------------

2. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

YAY..........i love you all too. thanks for listening.

3. teepi

teepi living my dream

So much good advice has been given on this thread, and so much was the same but expressed in different ways.
    Thus showing that the original questions answers, depend on where your development so far...has brought you.
    As I said above... walking away,taking a break or vacation, from the thoughts can give you a whole new perpective on this.
    I'm sorry if you thought I was posing your question back to you,I was just saying that "victory and defeat" will mean different things to different people at different times in their life.
    There cannot be a definet answer to this.
    Your victory may be my defeat...but only if I percieve it at that.

I hope things are better for you now, and brighter and thank you for putting this out there....a question like this gives us all something to think about.
    teepi