Is there such a thing as Cancerism?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by neonspectraltoast, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Like, are there people who just want to get cancer, or have convinced themselves that they want to get cancer? But perhaps they're simply in denial about what causes cancer.

But on the other hand, maybe other things we've never studied that we do cause cancer. Maybe driving a car causes cancer because of the way the sun comes through the windshield, directing sun rays at our delicate bodies.

Let's not get carried away with such machismo that we don't recognize the effects that this world has upon us in a realistic and scientific way.

And then there are the people who just hate every word that you say, and so you chase them down, because they are a bully.

And then there are the positive people who say that you are the bully for chasing them down.

2. lode

lode Banned

I think that's a pretty big one for people who have Munchausen.

Dying to Be Ill

3. I never realized that Munchausen was a psychological disorder. I always thought it was a made-up one. So what about people with made-up disorders? Like, people that want to make things up to escape from the reality of what things are?

4. lode

lode Banned

I dunno. I think it's still Munchausen's?

I think they always do it about a serious disease. I don't think they ever fake like Morton's toe.

I have Morton's toe.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

What is Morton's toe?

I have a cousin who I suspect has Munchausen's. Her kids are always sick and all 3 of them were severely underweight as babies; like their whole baby career from 0 to 1, just super skinny when most babies have fat rolls. It's fuckin weird

6. lode

lode Banned

7. lode

lode Banned

That's Munchausen by proxy. More alarming.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Ohhh okay I gotcha, I've actually only heard of Munchausen by proxy so I just assumed that's what you meant. So Munchausen is basically just being a hypochondriac to the extreme
    And yeah the by proxy part.. super disturbing

10. Most people have Munchausen's.

11. lode

lode Banned

I lie about my Morton's Toe to pick up chicks.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm known as the cancer that plagues your green grass.

13. Aim for the toes?

14. That's a really odd name to have, Irminsul.

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

drought?

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah... Grass here is brown.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I wish I could eat your cancer

Driftrue likes this.
  18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Munchausen's is medically a syndrome, because their are no physical or chemical symptoms.
    However the human mind is very powerful, so the condition should never be overlooked.

Cancer is where a cell becomes threatened by physical criteria and fights to survive. As a result, it takes over and destroys other tissue until body organs are destroyed. Their is a hypothesis that mental conditions can be involved in this process. The only one of these conditions that seems at all plausible is fear of the condition itself.
    A few doctors suspect that this could account for the hereditary nature of certain cancers and it is the mind producing a chemical imbalance that threatens the affected cells. However mainstream research largely dismisses this theory.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

[​IMG]

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Sure there are people who want to get cancer (Munchausen syndrome) but I suspect the majority have simply reconciled themselves to the fact that they’ll likely catch cancer anyway
    from a wide range of known sources (carcinogens) such as processed meats, tobacco, arsenic in drinking water, to solar radiation