Is there something like this regarding the bible?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by catstevens, Aug 22, 2005.

1. catstevens

catstevens Muslim Top To Toe

Is there something like this regarding the bible?
    Well, I started since couple months ago reading the bible OT and other verses from NT in some web sites that because I still didn't have the NT in English version as E-book or paper copy, some times I think I can't get/ understand some verses :( and to avoid the misunderstandings I am looking for a book or something that comments and clarify and give more details for the verses of the bible as Moslems have books like that which explain the Quraanic verses and give more details for the verses, so does anyone know? I hope so.
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

2. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

Are you talking about a study Bible?

Yeah, they have those. But none online I know of...didn't you check my link in the other thread?

I don't think it's an e-book, but it's the Bible for off-line...

3. MrRee

MrRee Senior Member

The Islamic "Hadith" is the commentary of Quaran and is most enlightening, proving beyond doubt that "radical" Islam is not true to Allah nor his Prophet.
    The Hadith comes from a pure source ~ the actual disciples of Mohammad.
    Bible commentary comes from any Tom, Dick, or Harry, resulting in the many schisms in christianity, so it is doubtful that you could gain anything from the exercise.
    I think your best bet is to first find out how and by whom the NT was assembled. By tracking the actual history (emphasis actual as opposed to christian myth) , the conclusion will be self-evidential. But if you rely on the words of christian zealots, be prepared to be led into unsubstantiated loopy-land.

4. catstevens

No. not about a study bible, the explanation for the verses of the bible.

I copied it and will check it soon, that because I was responding on some E-mails. Thank you :)

MrRee

May Allah bless you =)

I don't care about that at the moment; I want to know what is written about my dear Jesus pbuh I want to read every book includes Jesus pbuh. But thank you for the clarificationèBible commentary comes from any Tom,……………

YoursSincerely,

CatStevens

5. Dan67

Dan67 Member

As far as the OT, there is the Damascus Document(Damascus Rule, is another title for the same writing) at my website. www.woodstockanddeadseascrolls.net

My Catholic Bible has footnotes on each page, explaining history and context of the passages.

Most importantly follow your heart, on what it says. Also, try to put yourself in the mind of the person writing it long ago.

6. catstevens

I checked it (the link), wow, that is what I was looking for thank you very much.
    Dan67
    Thank you very much :)

Yeah the heart, but the mind should be the controller some times è(example. Love/ I am against love is blind)

Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

7. Dan67

Dan67 Member

There is a balance to be sought, yes.