Is there small publishing Companies to get a book done????

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by eccofarmer, May 22, 2004.

1. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

A friend of mine from High Times Magazine and some elders in the Rainbow Family said they would like for me to do a book on people in the u.s. who have lived in the rainbow family and traveled with the dead.I have never done this and have on my own wanted to do this but was not sure if
    it is better to find a local book publishing company or what to go threw.I figure that i will have at least 2500 hundred copies done first .A web site is going to be set up to sell the book .Any info would be great.

2. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

This may sound like a Cheap Plug, but. Get ahold of Skip! Hip Publishing might be interested! You can write the their Office at: Hip Publishing
    6170 West Lake Mead Blvd. Suite 258
    Las Vegas, NV 89128

3. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

No that is great.Forgot about that.I am going to hit the gathering to get some pics for the book and as you know heading threw that way to see my mom.Once again thanks for helping.

4. veinglory

veinglory Member

Are you talking self-publishing (i.e. paying to have copies made) or actually publishing (i.e. royalty paying etc)?

5. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I would be paying to have copies made.I am looking at 2,500 copies to be done at first.

6. veinglory

veinglory Member

If you don't want to pay an up-front fee one of the better print-on-demand companies would be best, such as booklocker.com. However this does result in a larger cover price. If you have more money you could pay for them all to be printed at once fron a local printer, almost any good printer would do so long as you shop around for a good price. I figure 200 pages, perfect bound, colour cover and some photographs shouldn't cost more than about $4-$5 ea if you are ordering that many.

7. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

Hey thanks veinglory.That is what i was looking for.The price is about what i thought
    I will check around here to see prices.The link helped alot too.Again thanks.

8. dreamtimer

dreamtimer Guest

I do self-publishing coaching cheap. Check out DreamtimePress.com. I also offer some inexpensive classes in self-publishing. Free one coming up called: 10 Reasons to Self-Publish your Book. Check it out at Wiziq.com