Is there ever a reason to kill besides self defense?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by wheelchairfrver, Jul 22, 2013.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

because what you suggest has already been tried to some degree, remember Hitler?

Who decides what child is worthy of what attentions or opportunities, You?

While I can understand your sentiment, the idea in practice would almost certainly lead to more division and turmoil than it would alleviate.

2. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

We have a responsibility to look after those who are mentally ill and those who have criminal tendencies before we let them loose on society.

At present opportunities go to those with the best connections or the rich, so a child from a poor background who is gifted won't get a chance but a rich kid who is a dill will.

Just make things fairer?

Who decides?
    Right now money does.

I have seen some very bright poor kids go nowhere in life , this seems a waste?

3. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

the idea in practice would almost certainly lead to more division and turmoil than it would alleviate."

This is what we have now under the present system where education is unequal.

4. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

How should we define "self-defense?"

Is it only self-defense when someone's life (i.e. continued existence) is being threatened?

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Eugenics much?

6. deviate

deviate Senior Member

If someone raped my sister, I would hunt him down and kill him. If anyone inflicts great harm of any of my family I would retaliate.

7. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

My only words of advice are to refrain from acting in ways that are self-serving.

Vengeance can be both honorable and just, but mercy can be equally satisfying in several instances.