Is there ever a reason to kill besides self defense?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by wheelchairfrver, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

There have been more and more tv shows where this killer gene is discussed and addressed, from the nonfictional Dateline and 60 Minutes to the new series Elementary. I also find it quite interesting.

I, too, feel that if a person were to harm anyone in my little family, the main goal in my life would be to Take That Someone Out. Period...there would be no need for anybody to worry about trials, etc. I'd make sure they were waking up with God. ;)

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The Ellie Nessler solution. For those of you that don't catch the referance, her son was molested by a scumbag that was caught. When he was brought to court, he brazenly looked her and her son up and down and smirked. Pissed her off so bad , she borrowed a gun from a friend and blasted him right in the courtroom!! She did very little time--maybe a year or something. It was a little courtroom in Jackson, California, I believe.

3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

^ Yes! I remember when that was publicized. Hell yeah. That's what I'm talking about.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes lots of reasons, most bad but might look good from a certain perspective (revenge kill is a good example of that). I'm sure I can kill but I am also sure I don't kill people :p

5. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Wow. Good for her.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

now go home and get your fucking shine box..

7. odonII

odonII O

Wouldn't they be in hell?

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

By the way I view it, they (he/she) would first see God...then be judged and sentenced.

I also believe God can forgive things we humans cannot.

9. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Which god are you talking about? The christian god is a vengeful motherfucker. lol

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

So because of the manmade construct which is religion, there can be no such thing as a god?

11. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

lol Did I say that?

12. odonII

odonII O

It was only a light hearted comment. I don't how these things work, or if they work at all. I'm not religious. But I would hope there wasn't any forgiveness if I were.

13. odonII

odonII O

I wouldn't have thought so.

14. odonII

odonII O

Thinking about it - It depends if people are born 'evil' and act on that. I don't think they should be 'forgiven' 'up there'. If people are not born 'evil', and when they go 'up there' they return to how they were when they were born - then maybe.
    But then a person is 'judged' by whom ever at birth, or even before birth.
    I guess I mean, maybe all of their 'sins' are taken somewhere else.
    It's far too complicated.
    If we are killing people for something they did, regardless of circumstances - then, well, we won't really have any answers till we are up there too.
    I realise this might not make any sense :p

15. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

I warned you not to get in my face but you kept goin ........

16. odonII

odonII O

I'd probably kill these bastards...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV0KrNe1ifw"]Taliban's Child Comandos - YouTube

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

evil? there is no other thing that evil is then the filth of aggressiveness itself.

18. odonII

odonII O

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind?

19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

What a great idea! Social correction before any anti-social action has been taken. I can't see anything going wrong with that, it is inevitable that a perfect society would result.

20. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

My friend discussed this a few times, the amount of data that is collected on people from an early age and the little that is done with it for the public good.

Medical and school records when combined by the age of 10 can indicate where a child will go in life , those children who should be fostered because they are gifted , those other children and where they might be employed later, and those children who have medical and social problems.

At this point we have an opportunity to improve society by making best use of what we know, instead we ignore the valuable data .