Is the Super Bowl Rigged?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Feb 3, 2019.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, the patriots definitely do represent the liberty to bend the rules in one's favor.

Irminsul likes this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

We try
    upload_2019-2-5_23-35-43.png

upload_2019-2-5_23-36-47.png

upload_2019-2-5_23-37-37.png

3. deviate

deviate Senior Member

4. hotwater

At the most maybe 200,000 are junkies out of the 1.5 million that attended. [​IMG]

Also, at the current rate of Global Warming, by 2050 our Winters will be comparable to South Florida - that should fix you. Ha

Asmodean likes this.
  5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Where did you hear that? I’m not arguing climate change but that seems a little extreme. Also the construction industry is making strides to reduce its footprint which is like 40% of the CO2 released.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think he made a joke ;)

7. hotwater

I know I made a joke ...lol..

8. The oligarchy wants the Patriots to win to stir nationalistic fervor. They let the Eagles win once, because the bald eagle is also patriotic.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yep nothing is more American than a green and white American Eagle...

10. hotwater

No they let the Eagles win because the Philadelphia Police, Tactical Unit, and SWAT Teams, needed live riot control training which has been severely lacking
    since taking down the black liberation group MOVE in the 1980s

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, that avatar really suits you

12. You don't even know who Bubbles is, do you, you dumb dick.

13. At least I didn't cop someone else's avatar because I secretly admire them and want to be cool like them.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Trailer Park Boys, nup, cant say I would watch something like that

15. hotwater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Making friends again ....lol...

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

19 arab guys with box cutters rigged the superbowl ;)

17. Oh, iminmyunderwear! I love you! My name is Vanilla Gorilla! Please notice me! We can be best friends now! Please?!

18. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Without reading this entire thread....I'm just going to say....no. It isn't rigged. Not in the sense of a production like "pro wrestling". There may be some bias here or there from the refs (intentional or maybe not) and sometimes they just blow it on calls. But I have a hard time believing there is any sort of plot involving players or coaches to throw games. It's an intense and violent game. You only get to that level with a certain passion and that doesn't just go away because someone tells you to lose or rig a game.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

lol

20. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

I don’t think it’s rigged. NFL rules are constantly evolving and those rule changes tend to lend themselves to particular offensive/defensive strategies
    Brady/Belichick just happen to be particularly adept at adjusting to the current rules. And for some reason they get blamed for them. The tuck rule being a perfect example. The Pats are hated for the tuck rule but they had nothing to do with it. It was voted on by team owners and enforced by the officials....but everyone hates them for it.

If anything, the NFL is rigged against having any more dynasties. Spygate was a manufactured scandal because Goodell didn’t have the authority to change league rules in regards to where teams are allowed to tape opposing teams (it is allowed). Rule changes can only be made by team owners at the annual meeting. Deflategate was also a manufactured scandal for a variety of reasons, among them being that every Colts ball tested in that game was also underinflated, but it was all about taking down the Patriots. I honestly don’t think it was a personal vendetta (maybe it was), I just don’t think the league wants dynasties. It breeds resentment and as we just saw in the last Super Bowl, drives fans away. Football fans are tired of the Super Bowl being “The New England Patriots Invitational”.

But fuck ‘em. Brady is an amazing QB and he and Belichick have done amazing things. He’ll retire in a couple of years and everybody will move on to hating the next winning team.

bugsboner likes this.