Is the Super Bowl Rigged?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Feb 3, 2019.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I like "What Lovers Do". It's a good song! :(

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Tbh I don't watch, listen or get involved in pre game / race ceremonies anymore or half time shows. It's all fluff to me. I also believe a celebrity singing the anthem is not a good idea because nobody can sing with them as they over emphasise words and carry on and on too much.

When the anthem is sung in a sports stadium in Germany, the crowd gets involved and I like that, but in America they all just stand there for 5mins until it's over and done with.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    soulcompromise likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i got to the party right at the end of the anthem, and everyone was saying how great it was. but it was a rednecky group; if any players had kneeled i'm sure there would have been tears shed.

i'm not sure what song that is by the name. but i don't know of any of their songs that i like off the top of my head anyway.

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. I missed the anthem. Not a big anthem fan. I think people should be able to stand, kneel, whatever they like. And there really is no law stating that we can't. It's just an unknown threat of what will happen to you if you don't stand. I don't deal well with that.

5. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Sometimes your crazy mother in law gets super personally offended if you stay seated.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When we was in Amerika during the NASCAR anthems I always had my German flag sticking out of my hat flying high, but I would take it out during the actual anthem. They were alright because we had a stealth bomber fly over and that was epic cool to see, plus a some F18s at other races, wasn't as cool but the stealth was.

I remember at the Broncos game it was this huge spectacle with the flag as big as the field etc. Was just over board, same as in Australia, we just don't need to sing or perform an anthem every single week for a game that's already played solely in the country.

Anthems are for international matches etc. IMO unless it's a huge deal like a grand final where the majority of the country and the world is watching, then you perform the anthem but other than that, it's not needed at all plus I think it's kinda dull that international drivers/players have to sit through the American anthem every weekend without having their own background acknowledged. Seems rude, which is another reason why I think you see it less in other nations. When it's German V Brasil, I expect to hear two anthems, but not Bayern V Stuttgart. Team chants sure, but not a national anthem.

7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Who do you think might have rigged it, and for what purpose. I didn't think it was a particularly interesting game, nor were the commercials and the halftime entertainment particularly memorable. So was the idea to bore Americans to death and turn them against football? Just like the Ruskies to try something like that!

8. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

PATRIOTS = Pays All The Referees In Order To Succeed.

Been a Dolphins fan since 1983. Doubt anything changes with our hiring of head coach Brian Flores, who had been involved with THAT team for at least 15 years.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

She was the perfect choice, she was born in Atlanta, and her voice has held up over the years.

She's been married 4 times, but that's what celebrities do. [​IMG]

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sounds like a traitor to the Christian livelihood of Americans. :p married 4 times Pah! Heathen!

12. hotwater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Celebrities have been given special dispensation from the Christian church

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, they're hopeless. They mostly only marry other celebrities. It's always good to read when a celebrity of sorts is with just some ordinary person.

For the most part sports celebrities do, but I mean your big name actors, when I do hear about their relationships, which is not often, I will not actively read Enews or whatever the fuck, they always off marrying some other fancy pants lol.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Another reason then superbowl is rigged is because they already made the Merchendise. Patriots win and in 2 mins they are wearing partriot superbowl shirts and caps.

C'mon, man.

15. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I don’t know, but football fucking sucks now.

Irminsul likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Did you see that tackle in the first half. Patriots losing yards, Boom! A bloody good hit, great tackle, penalty flag, patriots lost yards, first down.

Referee to line judge "hey go tell them to print those shirts and caps up now we've got this"

17. hotwater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

.........and for good reason, who best to represent this country than The New England Patriots.

Because deep down inside we’re all Patriots, Sons and Daughters of the Revolution, Sons of Liberty, [​IMG]

18. hotwater

Not for us here in New England we're still basking in our glory

19. hotwater

The WWE Is sending the New England Patriots their own personal Championship Belt

[​IMG]

Triple H on Twitter

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    bugsboner likes this.
  20. deviate

deviate Senior Member

And you’re the still the most obnoxious fans on the planet.