Is The Pursuit Of Knowledge Worth It?

Discussion in 'Hedonism' started by Jonycreeps, Dec 19, 2015.

1. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Then that's *your* life purpose.

To me, as a hedonist, pleasure is an end in itself, not knowledge. Pleasure is the highest aim.

2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

How about the 'pleasure' of knowledge? Those who seek knowledge often experience pleasure when they feel they have made a breakthrough for instance.
    Also numerous things regarded as pleasurable require knowledge for their existence. Music for example, No musical knowledge equals no music equals no pleasure of music. And there are many other such things.

1 person likes this.
  3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

To me, understanding is pleasure, and a greater high than I could achieve with any drug. And of course spreading around understanding is a good thing to do. It's what progresses our species and academia. People are born knowing nothing at all; yet are capable of feeling pleasure and all of the most primitive and least developed "emotions" even without understanding anything at all.

4. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Your last sentence seems to contradict what you were saying before that...if you feel like you can elaborate :)

5. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Learning new things increases dopamine.