Is the occult harmless fun?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by inthelibrary, Jan 28, 2019.

1. storch

storch banned

Sure, but condensing imagined concepts that you admit to not understanding down to objectified entities and ghosts is messed up, because what ultimately comes next is tales having to do with the expectations and mission of these objectified and glorified entities that you've come to imagine.

And the problem is further compounded by the inevitable question that comes up when the belief in an objectified creator-entity is established: What does it want? If the Bible teaches us anything, it shows us there is always someone who is ready, willing, and unable to assume the authority to answer that question. It also shows what kink of insanity and chaos follows.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

let me put it this way; is teh christianity harmless fun?

this is something "christians" need to get over. other beliefs do NOT worship the dark side of YOUR cosmology.
    they are simply OTHER beliefs that have NOTHING WHAT SO EVER to do, with YOUR cosmology. AT ALL.

while it is perfectly resonable to expect there to be things greater then oursevles, as log as there are things that are less,
    if there even is such a thing as less and greater,
    this does not make it reasonable to expect that anything human, or anything written by anything human,
    and i'm sorry but every word of you book was written by humans, to know, to even have the slightest idea,
    about it.

tumbling.dice and MeAgain like this.
  3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the part that's messed up, is why JUST humans, just the sapient species of THIS earth? if your god created this universe, with all its billions of suns, most of which have planets, most with planets likely to have one in its goldylocks zone, however small a fraction of these exosolarsystems have worlds populated by sapients, wouldn't a god who is good, love ALL sapients, not just those of our species on our world?

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    Yes. But that it isn't included in christianity is because extraterrestrial life wasn't considered at the time the religion developed.

Okiefreak likes this.
  5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Theologians are actually considering the implications of sentient sapient extraterrestrials, and such dilemmas as whether or not traditional doctrines would apply to them if they happened not to have committed original sin. It might be a real crisis for clerics and potential missionaries if the ETs hadn't done anything to be saved from. Until somebody demonstrates the existence of such beings (not to mention original sin), I see no reason to get into such concerns, but we could be more caring to god's non-human creatures on this planet.

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Christianity, like all other religions, can be dangerous. Houston Smith said that world religions at their best offer us the distilled wisdom of humanity. At their worst, they offer us distilled folly. Yesterday, I attended a Catholic bible study session. The participants were all good people that I know well, and I appreciate their dedication in finding out more about their faith. I also think they're misguided in giving credence to beliefs I think are really dubious, and even harmful in supporting "pro-life" activities I think impose undue burdens on women. I have similar problems with my friends in MAGA hats I'll be having over to my home in a couple of days. But I learn from them, and they have redeeming social value. I think generally that irrationalism is dangerous, whether Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, Republican, etc. I think irrationalism is at the heart of the occult. And the ones that do worship the dark side of MY and THEIR cosmology are particularly dangerous. Aztec-Toltec theology offers a fascinating metaphor of Quetzalcoatl, the feathered serpent, uniting the bird that soars with the reptile that crawls--the nagual (spirit) and the tonal (worldly energy). His nemesis is the black Topcatlipoca (Smokey Mirror), providing a distorted image of reality, like the shadows in Plato's cave or Paul's seeing through a glass darkly. Something to learn from, if we can get past all the damned human sacrifice!

7. storch

storch banned

Well said.

8. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Magic and miracles are the same.

Jesus is thought to have done miracles which are the same as magic, so I cannot see him doing what his holy books said not to do.

If it was all written to have people ignore or disavow miracles, magic and the supernatural, then all Christians are guilty of believing in the supernatural and all crave the magic of the salvific nature of their witch Jesus.

Quite a contradiction.

Regards
    DL

9. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

??

You will not allow a witch to live, says scriptures. Perhaps that is why they murdered Jesus. Magic and miracles are the same thing.

African witches and Jesus

Regards
    DL

10. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

The whole savior silliness is based on Jesus breaking the law you say he fulfilled.

He would follow the following law and tell his people to do the same. Right?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Regards
    DL

11. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Yet Jesus himself in the N T referred back to the O T.

Christians have tried hard to separate Jesus from Yahweh but cannot thanks to the ridiculous Trinity doctrine.

Jesus must then be seen as Jesus/Yahweh even if he is not as big of a prick as his father.

They have the same vile plan.

Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

Regards
    DL

12. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

This may well be insightful, depending on who you refer to as evil.

Is this an example of people praying to evil preachers.

Regards
    DL

13. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I do noit think you are defining true love. You are defining stalking.

Love is an emotion that must be shared to be true love. That relationship must have reciprocity of works and deeds to be real love.

IOW, love, to be true love must have conditions.

You are talking a one way love and I call that stalking.

That or you are telling me you love pedophiles and rapists, even the one that rape your wife or child.

I hope your views do not ignore the condition you should have of not loving your wife's rapist.

Regards
    DL

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Stalking? What a weird take on agape. Agape love is selfless, sacrificial, unconditional love. Possibly, it's a kind of love you're never encountered because your cult focuses so much on yourself and gives you a jaundiced view of the rest of humanity.

“Love is our most unifying and empowering common spiritual denominator. The more we ignore its potential to bring greater balance and deeper meaning to human existence, the more likely we are to continue to define history as one long inglorious record of man’s inhumanity to man.”
    ― Aberjhani, Journey through the Power of the Rainbow: Quotations from a Life Made Out of Poetry

“Agape" is loving a person for exactly who they are - not who we hope they'll become with enough fixing. It's this idea that every person has their layers, so you can never confine a person to only what you know about them from the first glance. It's stacked on the premise that to love anyone is to hope in them always.”
    ― Hannah Brencher, If You Find This Letter: My Journey to Find Purpose Through Hundreds of Letters to Strangers

“The terrible poverty of pride is that there is nothing that can be taken in selfishness which will exceed what is received when nothing is expected and everything is offered.”
    ― James Castleton, MD, Mending of a Broken Heart

“I don't want what love is. I want what love is supposed to be.”
    ― N'Zuri Za Austin

Lynnbrown likes this.
  15. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

context context context

GreatestIam likes this.
  16. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Quoting your garbage while not dealing with my definition or objection to your notion shows how little your rely on your thinking instead of doing your own. I cannot argue or debate dead people.

"“Agape" is loving a person for exactly who they are"

So tell us if you can love your wife's rapist.

Regards
    DL

17. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

A good find. I will have to find a new quote.

What is Jesus to do with those who reject him at the end times?

Exactly what he did as Yahweh, in the days of Noah. Right?

If not something analogous to Luke 19-27, then what?

Regards
    DL

18. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

I've read it from the first page of Genesis to the last page Revelation. There aren't really any good ones against Christianity(aka the NT).

19. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Hey for fill the law in meaning. There are two commandments one is to love Jehovah your God with all your heart mind and soul the second is to love your neighbor as yourself. Voice recognition I’m driving

20. parua

parua Members

It's 100% harmless fun...

Until you get a bunch of evil spirits chasing your ass through the woods.