Is the Grass Greener?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by PurpByThePound, Apr 14, 2013.

1. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

Is the grass always greener on the other side? Or have you learned to count your blessings and stick with what you've got? Is it even healthy to 'settle'? Do you think one should always be looking for something better or improvement?

2. broony

broony Banned

Its only greener if you believe it will be it. Mind over matter dude.

You have to be realistic though.

I am in transition with moving at the end of the year, because i finally have enough pieces to essentially, know where the map is taking me, and now i can act accordingly. For the current situation that is. Now when i get there, will it always be perfect and green like i hoped? Probably not. Chanes are i will run into ungreen parts of grass, though as long i dont let it crush my focus, i will always see the whole field as a greener side.

Of course, why wouldn't you? Do you not want the best of whatever it may be in life?

If you not, my guess is the person's mind is already in a bad/sad state. Trapped.

I guess it depends on the person but i would say yes, and always.

A boat at the dock just holds up space, the purpose of the boat is to get out there...don't be the one trapped at the dock...and if you feel that way, repair what you need to, and set sail.

Much has to sacrificed to get to the other greener side as well. Don't forget that.

3. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

I guess I am just feeling trapped in the processes of "more, more, more. better, better, better"

I haven't even anything, how can I get a better version? What the fuck is 'better' than an art school dropout with 50grand of debt and no comfortable future in the makings right now?

I like your boat analogy though...I have been feeling a major sense of underutilization of my gifts and who I am.

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I like my grass purple.

It's just a phenotype, but I still like it.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

sometimes its greener

and sometimes your bag gets caught on the fence

6. broony

broony Banned

Don't let your student debt get to you. Its not going away over night, so just relax, work on paying it off, but don't stress it. Their are millions of students in that situation with a lot more debt...

Sometimes the vision comes after living through a few years of life and constantly analyzing yourself, who you are, your strengths, weaknesses, and everything else. Then one day, something will click, and you'll have more understanding of what your meant to do.

Don't think of more more more more more...thats materialistic and a problem thats everywhere...

7. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Sometimes grass being greener is just an illusion. I remember reading an explanation about greener grass. If you are standing on grass and look down you are seeing grass and dirt and it does not necessarily seem green. But if you look into the distance you only see the sides and tops of the grass and you don't see the dirt. It is an illusion that it is greener. When you get there and look down you will once again see the dirt.

I agree with Broony. It is a matter of attitude and belief that something else will be better. What you have to remember is that wherever you go, there you are. It is you who makes the difference not the grass.

I don't think it is healthy to settle but I do try to count my blessings and accept where I am at any point on my journey. Sometimes an improvement comes at the expense of letting other things go.

I am sorry about your debt. That is a tough one. Crushing. Getting out of debt was one of the best things I did in this life. It took a lot of hard work and doing without but it is the best feeling in the world to be debt free. You will get there.

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

It's greener because of all the bullshit over there...

9. Inca

Inca Member

It is a matter of perspective.

The two little words in bold are the ones that are most important in this scentence.... That is your position "right now" but you can change that. If you are still saying the same things in 10 years, you have only yourself to blame.

Life can be a fantastic ever changing journey - you just need to change the angle you are viewing it from now and again.

Just like the grass in the field, your life is a matter of perspective.

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Ehh.... go get a PC service or network admin certification, and get money.

Not that monkeying with people's clicking hard drives and smoking power supplies sounds like a great way to spend the rest of your life, but it's fun for a while, and.... bank.