Is Sperm Donating A Good Idea?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Motion, Sep 15, 2018.

1. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I'm getting a vasectomy and am not looking forward to the follow up appointment to confirm that I'm shooting blanks. Everyone in the damn building is going to know what I'm doing in there...

soulcompromise likes this.
  2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just wear a disguise.

[​IMG]

eggsprog and soulcompromise like this.
  3. HipFashion

HipFashion Members

It's certainly true that we can have a large population size and not have a negative effect on the environment. And it's possible that people in power want the population size to be smaller to have more control over what's happening.

It's not practical, though. Countries are too competitive and focus too much on making money, and don't concern themselves with the environment much. People in the US usually have to pay for college education, and this means a lot of people are busy paying off student loans. Then you have mortgage and rent. Rent is pretty ridiculous in major US cities. So you have a bunch of people struggling to make ends meet, who are unlikely to have enough energy to help the environment. On top of that, modern-day living is far more complex than before, due to technology. Food additives in almost every food, people not only have to read, but they have to sort true info from false info.

People can skip college and just get a low-paying job, but now, likely because of overpopulation, jobs that shouldn't require any kind of education are given to people who are overqualified. Even people with college degrees work jobs like that now. A person with a GED will struggle to even land one job, since people with high school diplomas are more common, and are chosen rather than them. A person working minimum wage might not even be able to pay for rent.

Creative solutions are required to think of new ways to reduce pollution. But the public school systems don't reward creativity, they discourage it. They are very rigid, so most people who get scholarships can be expected to not think outside of the box, to thrive in authoritarian systems where questioning is discouraged.

What can be done? Either improving the system, which isn't going to happen because it's run by rigid authoritarians, or controlling the population size so that humanity destroys the planet slower, and making hope that solutions are made. There's also helping people to become smarter through spreading knowledge about health, and educating them through the internet about pollution and possible solutions to problems.

4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

LMAO, what? "IF the RIGHT things are DONE"!!!!

Holy fuck! Are you trying to make me piss myself?

Humans? Doing right? Never going to happen. Jesus Christ, we have so called "ENVIRONMENTAL" agencies here that are greedy wasteful crooked morally bankrupt fucks!

5. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

!!!!!
    ??????
    !!!!

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Relaxxx's screen name is a little ironic

beachbum86 and Noserider like this.
  7. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Haha, I'm easy like Sunday morning.

Well, after my pills kick in.

Ok, ok, I'm easy like late Sunday afternoon.

Meliai likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Haha, Saxon avatar. Nice. :D

9. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

What a joke. She should go fuck herself.

Wait a minute...

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I had to do a double take when I saw this post was from you :D

Deidre likes this.
  11. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

known donors are, depending on the state, totally unable to give up either parental rights OR responsibilities, and anonymous donors can potentially be sued by suing the sperm bank, but also, in many states, once the kid turns 18, they can demand the identity for dna screening/medical purposes, and it's not unknown for them to then be sued for back child support once their identity's known. so check the state's legalities, and check to make sure the sperm bank doesn't allow for interstate transport (i.e. the mother comes to another state for insemination, or the product is shipped to another state, because then once it crosses the state line.... well.. let's just say it all gets a bit sticky and messy. a mother can cross into a state to get inseminated, and then return to her home state, where the donor has no protections... and guess what? donor has no protections, even though the recipient went out of state to get inseminated. guess who's getting sued for paternity, and because many states have a 'denial within x days' clause where you have to contest paternity/legal relinquishing of rights, one can wind up not even notified within the proper timeframe, which leaves them stuck on the hook.)

12. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

See? Someone or some post would get me to say it! :tearsofjoy:

McFuddy likes this.
  13. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I wonder if it goes both ways? Can donors sue to be able to spend time with the kid they’re financially supporting? Hmm, I bet not.

#doublestandards

14. Born25YearsTooLate

actually, they 'can' in the states where they're not allowed to give up rights or responsibilities, but they have to go through the onus of proving paternity.

15. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Onus. That’s a good word.

16. Born25YearsTooLate

rather reminds me of onerous.. which it can be that as well.

Deidre likes this.
  17. waynedunn

waynedunn Banned

I think it is and do when I can or if I get asked

18. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Came back as part Native American. Not much but I'm proud of every drop of Cherokee blood. Not so much on the neanderthal.

19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

My 23 And Me results show that I am my own grandfather. I thought that was cool.

20. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Why? Because we have romantic images of native Americans but not of Neanderthals?

Most people's impression of a Neanderthal is way out of date. Anyway, being "proud" or not of whatever is silly. You didn't choose it. Blood is blood. The idea that some drops of blood are more worthy than others is the root of racism.