Is Snowden a national hero? Traitor? None of the above?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Carlfloydfan, Jun 23, 2013.

1. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

I think the only reputation that is going downhill rapidly is Obama's and his goverment.

2. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

hes a traitor and should burn for it

3. celebrating

celebrating Member

Lol

You agree with this joke then,

An American was driving along a small country lane in Ireland when he was horrified to see a cartload of hay coming out of the field into the narrow road. He jumped on the brakes but couldn’t stop in time, and ended up driving through the fence into the field where the car burst into flames.

“Bejabers!” exclaimed Paddy to his friend Seamus, who was driving the hay cart, “Some of these tourists are terrible drivers. We only just got out of that field in time.”

The old farmer, plowing his fields with a pair of bulls, was asked by a neighbor why he did not use oxen.

“I don’t want to use oxen,” replied the farmer, “I want to use bulls.”

“Well,” continued the neighbor, “If you don’t want to use oxen, why don’t you use horses?”

“I don’t want to use horses!” retorted the farmer, “I want to use bulls!”

“Well, perhaps,” tried the neighbor, “you could try using that new tractor your son has just bought.”

“I don’t want to use tractors, either, I want to use bulls.” reaffirmed the farmer.

“Why do you only want to use bulls?” asked the neighbor at a loss.

“Because,” said the old boy, “I don’t want them to think that life is all romance.”

:D

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I think he had the best of intentions, and has basically thrown away his life in order to expose what many of us already knew what happening, but couldn't prove. Also, I believe he may have originally had some kind of plan...though that isn't really evident at this point. Maybe that old cliche about the pathway to hell (or similar) is paved with good intentions may apply here.

I hope he gets to SA safely and lives happily ever after.

Like Karen J said, I think he found himself in over his head.

5. dark suger

i think what he did was good we needed to know although i am sure many people especially here had already assumed this was happening. where i get upset with him well not really upset i don't care that much but where i disagree with him is running to china who im sorry is the red dragon and our great enemy!

6. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

^then he ran to russia!^

7. dark suger

i know right!

8. dark suger

and after that he was going to go to Cuba the hell is that!

9. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

10. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

11. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

(Reuters) - Ecuador's leftist government thumbed its nose at Washington on Thursday by renouncing U.S. trade benefits and offering to pay for human rights training in America in response to pressure over asylum for former intelligence contractor Edward Snowden.

In a cheeky jab at the U.S. spying program that Snowden unveiled through leaks to the media, the South American nation offered $23 million per year to finance human rights training.

The funding would be destined to help "avoid violations of privacy, torture and other actions that are denigrating to humanity," Alvarado said. He said the amount was the equivalent of what Ecuador gained each year from the trade benefits.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/27/us-usa-security-ecuador-idUSBRE95Q1BC20130627

hahahaha!

12. MasterSeal

MasterSeal Member

He has balls. He exposed something people are suppose to know. He exposed something the government lied about. Hero.