Is san pedro worth it?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by RoBoWaLkEr, Jun 29, 2004.

1. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

I know you can get it online, but is it worth the trouble?

2. the zen-man puck

the zen-man puck Member

yes it is, iamshaman

3. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

well, if you shop around carefully...
    \
    Trichocereus pachanoi, peruvianus, tersheckii, bridgesii - they all have their supporters, heh...

seeds... for the long haul & potential genetic diversity...

live cuttings... for quick growth & possible pups... (& this is the way they are usually sold in south american rural markets - chopped from the cactus in lengths as long as your arm & stacked like cordwood...)

dried green flesh chips - for those in a hurry - (for potpourri purposes only - make sure to properly dispose of any leftover liquids when potporri scent is spent...) - shucks, one place sells kilograms for $US 250, and many places sell ounces for $20-30 or so... & IF the dried green flesh is 1% alkaloids (mostly mescaline), then one ounce should be quite a bit above threshold levels, and 50 grams should about blow you away - but do be sure to check local laws before doing anything potentially silly or illegal or anything like that...

"worth it" expense-wise, or experience-wise ?

4. opticalpromise

opticalpromise Member

what is too much trouble for you? do you like to have your drugs ready to ingest with no preparation and little difficulty ? i actually like growing cactus. and then i like the tedious processing, the spine removing, the skin peeling. and even the repulsive taste. i even like the nousea. and i like the uncertainty of potency when eating fresh cactus. i like it because of my direct relationship with the plant nurtured by care and patience.

but even if you dont like doing any of that. the trip is still worth it.

5. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

I wouldn't mind de-spining a stalk or 2, but I just don't want to spend the money and order it offline and stuff if the trip's not worth it. I just know that san pedro isn't nearly as potent as peyote, but then again with peyote you're not eating as much as the pedro, so...

6. wandrnshaman

wandrnshaman Member

Definitely worth it! It's fun and rewarding to prepare. Just eat the green flesh because the woody core and white flesh isn't that active and causes a bit of nausea.

7. IllMade

IllMade Member

San Pedro is damn strong, it is definitely worth it. It is true that peyote has higher concentrations of mescaline but at the end it's all how much you take. If you prepare the San Pedro into a beverage you can concentrate its mescaline content to your liking. For example you can slice up 1 whole cacti and prepare it in just 4 glasses. As a matter of fact, im going to buy some tomorrow, they also make a brown powder out of the cacti which you can mix with boiling water,mix up and drink up. Nasty taste, very srong effect.

8. freetibet

freetibet Member

I'm actually boiling my Pedro at the momment, trying the strain method, we'll see what happens.. mmm bitter tea!

Last time I just ate the peices raw, 12 inches worth... my stomach hurt but I was trippin' hard...

And yes, its very worth it. I would compare my first pedro trip, as a slightly lighter/melow trip then my peyote experience. It's very close, but too I did around 8 buttons, so I can't compare for sure.. I've heard theres more mescaline in peyote too. peyote is SO hard to find, hell I can goto the nursery 4 blocks down and grab 12, 3 foot cactii for 100 bucks, the average bag of shrooms here in Tucson is 50 bucks, IF you can find it, and peyote, well... I know 1 guy in tucson who grows them in his backyard, hes being doing so for like 20 years, but he sells them for 100 PER button, its nuts. Fortunetly, I can do trade for him, he owns alot of property on 4th ave, and I'll do repairs/swamp cooler work for a few prickleys :D

9. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

man i have like a 12" growth from the cuttings of an older generation but this is like a dime in diameter. i put this info in another forum, but i also wanna know... "is MY san pedro worth it?" i dont see it surviving to be 2'.