Is Romance dead ? Or is it Dying ?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Captain Scarlet, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Oiy you.

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  2. Candy Gal

3. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

[​IMG]
    I will buy a rock polisher one day...

[​IMG]
    And cut stones.​

4. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

A Romance with posh cat litter? :confused:

DrRainbow likes this.
  5. DrRainbow

lol

6. Candy Gal

Rainbow???
    [​IMG]

DrRainbow and Captain Scarlet like this.
  7. DrRainbow

Always. :)

Captain Scarlet and Candy Gal like this.
  8. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

If a woman is not into a man wooing her, if he does too many of these things, he is going to become a human fly. If on the other hand she is into him, then he would only have to do half of those things. Why pursue a relationship with someone if the feeling is not mutual?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  9. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The workaholic Japanese and white US and EU populations have been imploding ever since the introduction of modern birth control. American girls want everything in the world you can possibly imagine, and many are too busy these days to mess with them, and prefer to import nice conservative Asian and Russian brides, while life-life dolls with AI imbedded in them are wildly popular. In some places, up to 25% of adults don't want children, considering them bad for romance, and a waste of what little free time they have.

Children are bad for romance! Why have children, when you can import all the cheap labor you want?

Bilby likes this.
  10. Renart

Renart Members

This is the one true answer. A man can try all he wants, but everything depends ultimately on the woman.

Captain Scarlet and Bilby like this.
  11. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

Today its up to each individual. Some love it others loth it. Personal preference.

Candy Gal and Captain Scarlet like this.
  12. Candy Gal

Have we run out of time for romance? A recent study by eharmony has found that one in six Brits (16%) believe that romance is dead!

The pace of modern life has made time a premium commodity. And it seems that keeping up with the demands of work, friends, and family leaves little time for romance. It’s not just single Brits that feel this way; 15%, or one in the seven, married people agree too.

Even so, 67% of UK adults crave more romance in their lives. So, how can we recapture romance?

While technology has made communication easier than ever before, it’s also made it less romantic. Hastily written emails and sloppy text messages are commonplace, with half of Brits (50%) agreeing that people don’t put enough thought into the messages they send on casual dating apps.

It’s unsurprising that digital communication – throwaway, quick and free – isn’t valued as highly as a phone call or even a handwritten letter. Love letters have all but disappeared. 42% of adults have never sent one at all. However, there may be hope for the future. Under-35s are slowly resurrecting the art of the love letter with nearly a quarter of this age group (23%) having sent a handwritten love letter to their partner within the last year. That’s well above the national average of just 16%.

SAYING I LOVE YOU
    People are also struggling to find the words to express their feelings. Our study found that 48% of Brits say they don’t know how to articulate their romantic feelings. Men find it the most challenging, with 55% reporting being lost for words when it comes to romance.

Saying ‘I love you’ appears to come easier. People in relationships reported saying those three little words 12 times a week on average. Scottish couples are even more loved up, saying it 21 times an average!

ROMANTIC GESTURES
    When you can’t find the words, romantic gestures can step in. Our study found it’s best to keep it simple. Complimenting a partner and noticing the small things they do is the most sought-after gesture, with 62% putting it in their top three. Prioritizing kissing (36%) and going for a romantic stroll (35%) are also popular. In contrast, splashing out on a surprise holiday (22%) or a meal at a fancy restaurant (17%) are considered much less desirable.

Focus136 and Captain Scarlet like this.
  13. Just for fun

"SAYING I LOVE YOU"
    Is it really necessary to say "I Love You?" “What you are shouts so loudly in my ears I cannot hear what you say.” The quote is attributed to Emerson. Actions speak louder than words. Be love and you will not have to say it. Everything you do will reflect that fact so saying it will be redundant.

MoonGoddess and Captain Scarlet like this.
  14. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I think we might agree to disagree on this one lol:D:D:D:D:D

In my view if you say "I Love You" with sincerity and not use it too often then it has a greater meaning . I like receiving a "I Love You" from my wife but she doesn't say it every minute of the day perhaps twice a week .

So for me it all depends on how it is said and not just the words . :)

MoonGoddess and Just for fun like this.
  15. Just for fun

Cool. For me it is all actions and when I look at her she simply knows. But I like your POV

MoonGoddess and Captain Scarlet like this.
  16. Just for fun

17. Candy Gal

Nice and I thought you were being cynical about Romance.

Captain Scarlet and MoonGoddess like this.
  18. Just for fun

I hate to be redundant because I posted this before but I think it fits so here goes.

Someone asked me about the specific moment I fell in love with my partner I’ve been with for 20 years. I said, “if I allow myself to fall in love we would lose what we have.”

I rarely say, "I love you," but she knows by the way I play my part in our relationship. She often says, "I love you" and she knows I usually don't say it back so then she says I know you love me too.

In India it is rare for a parent to tell their children, "I love you."

19. Candy Gal

That was interesting. I never knew that.
    Sometimes I just say my eyes adore you. xxxx

20. Just for fun

That would be a good song.