Is Rock Music REALLY Devil's Music?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Hippychicksavannah, Apr 7, 2019.

1. What I mean is that how generic it's become is soul crushing. Otherwise rock means freedom. Today it just means conformity.

2. Conformity is Hell.

themnax likes this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I know what you mean. There's a certain kind of rock out there that doesn't really rock. I ignore that stuff, its not rock to me. Happily the good stuff is still out there too! :)

4. I haven't heard anything good in years.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I haven't checked much new stuff out lately either. But when I still did a few years ago I came across some real and quality rock regularly

6. Gustav Holst The Planets

Attached Files:

7. Christopher McCullough

Christopher McCullough Members

Lets put it another way. I once heard that music is the one companion that will never betray you and always be at your side.

8. John1971

John1971 Senior Member

Watched a documentary once talking about music - this was about 20 years ago, mind you, so i don't remember the name - and part of it was about rock (specifically metal( being Devil's music. They interviewed several Satanists, and about 90% of them listened to Classical, not Rock.

9. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

There had been a series of experiments conducted by a woman named Dorothy Retallack subjecting growing plants to different genres or branches of music such as rock music, western classical music and Indian classical music.

It was found that plants subjected to rock music had small leaves, had grown gangly while others were stunted. Plants responded favorably to soothing music and western classical music, but the best response was to Indian classical music.

I had elaborated on this in this post of mine...

Jiddu Krishnamurti On The True Artist...

This observation has been even put into application by some farmers to improve the quality of their yield...

Israel winery uses Indian music to improve quality

Indian classical music has also been observed to have beneficial effects on schizophrenia patients.

Indian classical music has beneficial effects on Schizophrenia patients; Study - DailyRounds

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  10. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

11. ksafimova

ksafimova Members

If rock is the music of the devil, then I will 100% go to hell. Or are we all already in hell ..

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

a> it isn't a one thing
    b> there isn't a "the" devil

(there may be spirit people who aren't any nicer then the rest of us, but there isn't a god of evil, because evil isn't a side)
    c> for anyone to ever have taken that question seriously, is the real tragedy of it.

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

When I got into techno, I felt the feelings you feel when you have listened to the devils music. Now it's really common. And even when I began listening to it the mainstream already had an established electronic contingent; Crystal Method, Fatboy Slim, etc. But there was an "underground" aspect.

How were these people listening to this music? What did they have in common? What brought them to techno?

In trying to understand electronic music - melodic, 4/4, and virtually unknown in my peer group - I wondered all of the above. Was it mischief and mayhem that ultimately drew people to this brand of music? Was it evil?

But I have decided that it's not evil. And it has less magnetism than ever now that it's fairly common and well understood in the mainstream.

Back to rock music... No. I don't think it's evil. Some songs that come on, I turn the channel because I don't like the way they make me feel, but for the most part it's benign.