Is Rock Music REALLY Devil's Music?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Hippychicksavannah, Apr 7, 2019.

1. flippedcanvas

flippedcanvas Members

Ye can read too much into the devil in rock, in my humble opinion nope I don't buy into it specifically into the subliminal messages part of it.
    Maybe some of ye guys should record a song of yers play backwards and see what ye think!
    Well I did that I sounded singing into some typo old germanic whilst the music sounded Buddhist. Does it mean Satan came to my heart & soul?! I'm very sceptical about it!

2. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

If rock is devil music, I'll go to hell.

I do remember as a teen. Some church groups burning albums. People saying ACDC stood for anti Christ devils children.

3. Hippychicksavannah

Hippychicksavannah Members

So first off, Ozzy said "I practiced the teachings of Alister Crowley for most of my life" and later went on to say "Its extremely uncanny how some of my music was made, i mean really uncanny! I just hope its not what i think it is, satan.." and he said this long after announcing he was a christian.. so ya, im sure he doesnt believe in the devil? And as for it being "in our heads" or we are liars, or mental illness.. the fact my friend described the same exact thing to a T without any clue it even existed? completely disproves your non-realted rant about how everyone else is wrong and your not..

But regardless of any of that, i cant believe all i got were 3 pages of moronic chatter, and contradictory statements with ZERO fact... (Ecluding the like 3 people who actually had something to contribute rather then just pretened like they know what they are talking about when they clearly dont) Oh and little richard said that the demonic rock n roll made him gay, seriously.. Look it up.. Lol no joke! But even John Lennon once said he owed his success to satan!

But as for AC/DC? Angus young, the lead guitarist and song writer said "When we (AC/DC) get on stage we become possessed" and "Halfway through the first number, i become demon possessed! Its like im on auto pilot, and im just along for the ride!" His words not mine!!! Even robert plant said while asked about wriing stairway, the song that says "Here's to my sweet satan" when played backwards, "I became really angry, like real angry! Then my hand just began to write out words, and i fell out of my chair i was so frightened!" now ok, yeah, maybe all that stuff made me think i was being possessed? Only clearly i said, i didnt knw any of this until AFTER my experience...? But why would i get online and make up a story like that? Lol i mean how could i? but regardless, i said im not here to argue about what "Intellectuals" are afraid of, an what is act the truth..

There is a reason of why these people went on to make great music, and/or become rich, famous, and amazing artists... and i would rather believe what THEY say worked to help them accomplish said goal, then to what a bunch of internet know it all's claim.. "Shock rock" and "Anti Establishment"... does NOT explain why mick jagger got 3 diff tattoos of satan on his body, after he was already rich and famous or why Jim Morrison said "I'm gonna love you, till the heavens start the rain, im gonna love you, till the stars fall from the sky, for you and I!" Or Kurt Cobain "You taught me everything about a poison apple, slowly dilated i become your pupil!" or why robert johnson's mentor said "You must let the spirits teach you how to play the blues..." but i guess, people fear what they dont understand. The mind explains away anything that might prove itself to be unknowing, for the ego is so strong it will lit make you lie to yourself rather than admit your not as great as it wants you to think you are.. The more you truly understand in this place, and this goes for all things in his place specially music!!! The more you realize we havent a clue! and as david bowie said "We are messing with a power that we do NOT understand" [;

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

scratcho likes this.
  5. lode

lode Banned

The devil is fictitious. But a very important character in western mythological tradition and (mythological) history. so he, god, and verses from the bible are very commonly referenced in all western music.

6. Slunted

Slunted 'long time listener, first time caller'

My name is legion, for we are many.. In the music.

7. Lodog

Lodog ¿

He didn't pay em. You hear "luck if near" dern imaginary Dutch beings

8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

There's demonic sounding music of all genres

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Sympathy For The Devil

guerillabedlam likes this.
  10. Asmodean

Metal (and rock) takes the ridicilous aspects of christianity and throws it mockingly back in its face. No wonder it makes christians shit their pants.

11. It's the negro beat of rock and roll that causes people to breed like rabbits and forsake their children. Don't listen to it.

12. Asmodean

Christianity encourages breeding like rabbits, it's having sex without breeding that is (was) regarded as bad/evil/rock 'n roll :sunglasses::laughing:

13. EricForman18

EricForman18 Members

No. Not even groups such as Kiss, AC/DC, Black Sabbath are devil music. Despite their image. They of course are devilishly entertaining. When in doubt and you are being hounded by ultra religious people you can always slip that Alice Cooper into a Pat Boone cover. Lol.

14. Asmodean

15. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Its the Chord Everyone that plays guitar understands the Devils music its not a secret or anything look It up the flatted fifth The Diabolus in musica ! Robert Johnson learned it at the crossroads ! Yes Neon is right Its Negro music ask Ozzie ask Page ask any of those Guys !

Almathea likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's funny when like people talk about the devils music and the Devil was around like 2000 years ago and 2000 years ago there wasn't even any electric guitars lol.

Motherfucker listened to the lute.

Almathea likes this.
  17. Rots in hell

Its been around a lot longer than guitars !

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Almost my entire point ;)

19. It has only become hellish relatively recently, though.

20. Rots in hell