Is Puerto Rico nice?

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by TrumpCards, Apr 12, 2018.

1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Many years down the line, when I get more $$$ and give Puerto Rico a chance to recover from those hurricanes, I intend to take a vacation there with my brother and sister-in-law. I’ve had some Peurto Rican food before (the Puerto Rican rice that has olives in it and tortas de huevos) and I know enough Spanish to get by. Are the people there really racist, though? I’ll get pissed off hearing people call me a gringo all the time.

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

my understanding is that it was beautiful until about 6 months ago.

i'm not aware of any racism there, but i only know a couple puerto ricans and i never really asked them about that. they're super nice though.

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Not anymore

Amerijuanican likes this.
  4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Having spent mucho time there I have to say it is a mixed thing nowadays... the destruction was immense from the storms. It will take decades to recover, and sadly this has happened before. And in the Virgin Islands next door, where I grew up. Sadly crushed, the people hang on with hopes for a better future. I weep for El Yunque, the rain forest was stripped bare of vegetation. I have hiked there in the past... up to the mountain where the big radio dish is. It is/was awesomely beautiful and the people lively indeed... but now?

5. Julio Torres

Julio Torres Members

Puerto Rico is a common wealth of the United States. No federal taxes

~Zen~ likes this.