Is Pelosi illegally using articles of impeachment to bolster Biden and hurt Sanders?

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by 6-eyed shaman, Jan 18, 2020.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

3 of the rules of the senate impeachment trial include:
    -No electronic equipment
    -Mandatory attendance
    -A 6-day work week until completion

This means that Sanders, Warren, and other senators are unable to campaign during this critical moment in the primaries, while Biden is free to travel and campaign as much as he wants.

So, what's going on here? Is this just another sneaky way to bolster Biden, an establishment status quo favorite, and diminish the other senators' campaigns? This, along with CNN's manufactured rumor that accused Bernie Sanders of saying he didn't believe any women are fit to be president, just 1 day before the debate.They repeated to accuse him of this lie in a slanderous move at the recent DNC debates as if it were true. This makes me wonder: Are they trying to derail Sanders to bolster Joe Biden? Is this the DNC's way to try and cheat Bernie Sanders out of the primaries, similar to what they did to him in 2016 to bolster the establishment favorite Hillary Clinton?

Although I'm a hard critic of Sanders and not a fan of him at all, I find what the DNC is doing to him is very unjust and corrupt. I can at least see what's going on and realize he is not a status quo favorite; he had the 2016 primaries stolen from him and the Berners know it too. Sanders says a lot of dumb things, but honestly, he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd say something sexist like that at all.

Sanders even stated himself he would rather be in Iowa instead of DC at this time.

Pelosi had all the time in the world to pass over the articles of impeachment. Why did she wait until now to do it? I'm convinced it's a 4D Chess move to bolster establishment favorite Joe Biden.

2. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Pelosi who didn't want to impeach in the 1st place? Nah I doubt it

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  3. They're going to do anything they can to stop Bernie, so, no, it wouldn't surprise me.

4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

You think too much and read too much into this situation. I am in favor of the rules you mention above... they need to get the work done.

Flagme15 and everything bagel like this.
  5. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Yup. It's their job

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

So Trump says this on twitter and you just run with it?

Lol.

Okiefreak, Tyrsonswood, lode and 2 others like this.
  7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Couldn't it just be an example of killing two birds with one stone?

Didn't the DNC obstruct Sanders' chances before? So yes, its not an unreasonable consideration. But since this job had to be done anyway indeed, and was coming, I don't see why 6-eyed is convinced this is deliberately done at this time to disadvantage Sanders.

8. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Nancy Pelosi is an effective, articulate, and patriotic Speaker of the House. I detect thread of misogyny among her detractors. Perhaps there’s a note of envy among the gang of fascist boors in the White House, many of whom are convicted criminals or soon will be. Supporting such a group can’t be fun.

9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

10. 6-eyed shaman

11. 6-eyed shaman

If Nancy had her way, 90% of America would look like her district: human feces, rampant homlessness, and needles everywhere

12. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Also arts, culture, great food scene, start up and tech capital of the world...

But i get it. If you only mention the negative stuff, you'll look clever

ZenKarma likes this.
  13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You have proof that this is what she wants?

One of Trump's tweets is not proof

stormountainman likes this.
  14. 6-eyed shaman

Well she's certainly not doing a damn thing about the people in her district who are suffering the most. San Francisco wasn't this bad pre-Pelosi. It was actually an awesome city in the way that Bagel was describing.

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Yes, they mostly were. Specifically, Trump's buddies at the Enquirer, Info Wars, and other conspiracy factories. Is Hillary still alive? It's a wonder! Has she been hospitalized? Bernie has. From afar, right wing pundits have variously diagnosed her condition(s) as Parkinson's,hypothyroidism, and "brain damage". During the 2016 election campaign, she testified before Congress for eleven hours--an ordeal that would be physically and mentally challenging for most of us--and she held up impressively. The last I've heard, she still seems to be functioning. Trump, on the other hand, has amply demonstrated that he's a mental misfit, regardless of what his phony physicians say.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

What specifically has Pelosi done to cause this? And what specifically can she do to fix it?
    Do you not think this is part of a bigger nationwide problem of stagnant wages and rising rents with the concentration of wealth going to the top and those on the lower rungs of society being left behind?

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

That's not answering my question.

18. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

The problems in SF have little if nothing to do with Pelosi. The biggest issue has been a combination of geography and capitalism. There is a housing crisis. The city is built on a peninsula. There is only so much land. Also the city attracts entrepreneurs from all over the world to start up tech companies. Most fail within 5 years but enough succeed. And what happens? Well the owners gave their employees stock options during the lean years. Company goes public, that stock is worth millions and the city is literally flooded with millionaires over night. It leads to inflation and the widening of the wealth gap. The rich are squeezing out the middle class.

Also, the homeless issue is blown out of proportion. If you've never been to SF you'd assume all the homeless are drug addicted crazies pooping in the streets. The reality is the majority of the homeless are employed, couch surfing with friends, or sleeping in their cars (legal). Most of these people will eventually find an apartment or give up and move out to the East Bay. But homeless as a stat can be manipulated by those with an agenda Contrary to the picture conservatives want to paint of the city, it doesn't look like an episode of the walking dead

Asmodean, lode, nudistguyny and 4 others like this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^well that just makes far too much sense

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  20. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

For some reason California is always the butt of right wing jokes as if it's SO poverty stricken.

It's a top 10 world economy meaning dozens of Trump voting states do not contribute what Cali does. Just something I wish they would keep in mind. By their own standard of taking care of themselves well they just don't like Cali. They need to import and offer much less to export.

When you don't live in a town of 4000 people (which many cons would never do) you deal with things like trash and the homeless. It does not imply any flaws in economics.

Okiefreak and everything bagel like this.