Is not creation enough evidence of a higher entity?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by inthelibrary, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Said the Sufi chanting
    [​IMG]

McFuddy, themnax and EloiseAtThePlaza like this.
  2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

It was 72, but some imams think it was figs or dates instead of virgins.

3. storch

storch The compliant

If you die gracefully, it's 71 virgins and 1 really experienced chick. If you die with bombs terroristically strapped to your chest, then it's 40 virgins . . . none of them experienced.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I feel motive, context and details matter.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear voice of sexy

well i suppose i don't want a fig that someone has already had sex with either.

6. neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast Best Member

I've never understood the major appeal of having sex with a virgin.

7. Ok. But don't let anyone walk on you to make themselves feel intelligent or important or whatever else.

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Ideally one disrespects (an aspect of) religion in a civil worded way. So the focus of following reactions may be on the content of the disrespectful statement and not just the fact someone managed to be disrespectful about religion again :p

soulcompromise likes this.
  9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there would have to be evidence of a connection for it to be.
    this is conspicuously awol.

if anything, the level of diversity of reality would suggest other then the hand of any one single awareness or even intent.
    (though of course nothing is ruled out, and a committee is always possible too)

if anything, the op's "evidence" would more likely suggest a whole parallel universe populated by billions of creators.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

"happenstance" has always been much more productive then our pathetic egos have ever been willing to give it credit for, nor even the most productive of individuals ever could.
    there are however, infinitely other possibilities, then mere chance or a single creator.
    just because these are the first to come to mind to anyone in today's dominant culture, doesn't make them more likely then infinity minus two others.

11. Your face is enough evidence of a higher entity

Driftrue and inthelibrary like this.
  12. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Member

And to believe you eat with that same mouth. Disgusting. Wash your mouth out with soap.

13. Riiiiight

14. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Member

I have been disrespected so many times on this forum it is hard to count. I say one thing about Muslim terrorist which has actually happened now I am the bad guy. I am not the one with the bombs yelling ally akbar and praise allah and running into a crowded coffee shop blowing themselves up. They are. Get a grip with reality

15. Orison

Orison my dog is full of stars Staff Member Super Moderator

there you go already king of your troll thread.. how awesome it that folks..

Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats do not be frightened.15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord.

idiot

16. Orison

Orison my dog is full of stars Staff Member Super Moderator

he acts like he lives this shit, and gets beaten by his own book. lmao..

17. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Member

Why don’t you ban me then?

18. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Member

Thanks for the insult. Don’t you have some dressing up to do? Get all sexy

19. McFuddy

McFuddy Senior Member

Are you the fat chick right now or the dude?

inthelibrary likes this.
  20. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Member

Sorry I never g
    i am you