Is not creation enough evidence of a higher entity?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by inthelibrary, Feb 2, 2019.

1. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

apples, wind, dogs, rabbits, oceans, sting rays, beetles, a blade of grass, thoughts, snow, mountains, dirt, the moon, the human brain, smell, color, taste, life, exercise, sex, cannibis
    Aren’t those thing enough to convince people that there is way more at work in this universe for the happen stance of our existence? Does it not bring up genuine questions? That there must of been something, a designer who created these things?

Irminsul likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It's not evidence, no.

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Hey yeah! You just proved the existence of Zeus!

4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

If it was enough, people wouldn't question it.

And you have to look at the unpleasant aspects of it too - disease, cruelty, suffereing, natural disasters etc. From that you might conclude that if there is a God, he's utterly indifferent to the suffering of innocents.

Not saying that's my own view, but it would also be a possible conclusion from looking at life

Okiefreak likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Don't worry about the sarcastic remarks, these folks literally believe we are all made from cute sparkly specs of stardust, yes, stardust.. and they think your head is in the clouds.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm actually considering converting to hinduism because of the OP. Why believe in one God when you can believe in 33 million of them?

8. I kind of applaud OP for his willingness to put his beliefs, whatever they are, out there for people to mock them or whatever.
    I really don't think I could do it. That's why I usually stay away from these discussions, and prefer to keep my faith to myself.

Driftrue likes this.
  9. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I prefer 0 gods...it's a nice round number.

Meliai likes this.
  10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Or maybe people mock him not for his beliefs but because he feels the need to prove something about his beliefs. He isnt saying "*I* believe this is evidence of creation" - he's asking why other people dont believe the same

11. Yeah, I just don't see it as that preachy, tbh

12. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I wasn't mocking the OP I was just saying the opposite of what he says is also true for some.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont really think any of the answers were mocking, except for the Zeus and Hindu comments...cant speak for tumbling with his Zeus comment but my Hindu comment was directed at the fact that the OP is only open to the idea of the creator being the specific God he believes in. If someone came in and said yeah I believe Allah made everything, I doubt the OP would agree.

But your reply, as well as the simple "no" replies (the OP did ask a yes or no question after all) werent mocking him

BlackBillBlake likes this.
  14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I was simply saying that even if one could prove the universe were created that wouldn't point to any specific creator. Zeus is as good a creator as any other.

15. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

I always wonder, do my threads irritate the people here at hip forums? I hope not

16. storch

storch banned

Why would anyone be irritated?

17. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Because most my threads are about God and spirituality

18. storch

storch banned

No one blames you for your belief in a god.

19. I apologize if my comment offended anyone.
    I mostly meant it in general, and not really this one particular thread.
    Of course, if you're going to share your beliefs and opinions, you are putting them out there to be criticized and even mocked, which is ok.
    In that regard, OP is braver than me, that's really all I meant.

20. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

This a shame (I think). I would love to hear more from you on the subject.