is my my son biracial? If so how should I go about finding who the dad is?

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by kidrox18, Aug 4, 2011.

1. kidrox18

kidrox18 Guest

I'm 15 and the mom of a 1 month old preemie. He has curly hair and dark tan darker than anyone I've been with. The possible father could've been italian. I'm italian and only 1/4 english myself. And the other guy was latin american and english but not dark. He's already had a test 3 times saying he wasn't the father. And now all the other possibillity don't really seem possible. So I'm confused. And I really need to know since I need child support and really any help I can get. I've stayed clean and lived with family members who won't let us stay for free long. I need to know this. Any advice?

2. jamgrassphan

jamgrassphan Get up offa that thing Lifetime Supporter

I think you should try to find out who his father is whether he's bi-racial or not. What the hell difference does that make. I mean, you know who you slept with right? Also, I have some advice, you obviously didn't plan to have this child and I'm not judging you for that, but when you have sex with someone, there's always a chance you'll get pregnant - right? You need to think about your own ability to support a child and raise a child when you have sex - the two things (sex and pregnancy) are not unrelated as I'm sure you know perfectly well. You also need to think about who you're having sex with - ask yourself, does this person also have the ability and resources (emotional and financial) to also support and raise a child - in the event that I do get pregnant? I know that sound terrilby pragmatic and unromantic, but the instant you conceive - it's not just about you anymore - as I'm sure you also know perfectly well. Bringing a child into the world carries with it the most profound responsibility. I was raised by a single parent, so I'm speaking from that perspective. By all means, find your child's father - he took on the same responsibilty when he conceived a child with you and I pray for you and your child's sake that he's man enough to accept his role as a father.

3. kidrox18

kidrox18 Guest

yea but the five possibilities aren't anything but caucasian which is why I'm confused if none of them are the father then I'm really confused. I didn't have sex because I wnted to it was because I was addicted to drugs and needed to support the habit. I'm clean now though.

4. jamgrassphan

Well not to put too fine a point on it - but you were essentially a prostitute, right? I'm glad your clean - stay clean. Stay the hell away from whoever you were hanging out with when you became an addict. If you care about your child - you will do this. As far as the father is concerned and child support - I don't see any other way than to try to get the rest of them to agree to a test. One of them has to be the father, obviously. You should be preparing yourself for the possibility of raising this child alone - at least for now. I don't know where you live, but you need to seek out some sort of social welfare type program. You might not like this idea, but the Catholic church might be a good place to turn. I know it's fashionable to bad mouth the Catholic Church, but I can tell you that they helped my mother when she was struggling as a single mom. Check out your local archdiocese's website and see what programs they have. You don't have to go it alone. One more thing, don't get in a big hurry to find a new daddy for your child, if your son's father doesn't step up and accept his responsibility. No father is better than a bad father. Take your time and find a good husband and father - here's a hint, you won't find him at a club, or a pub, or hanging around on the street.

5. kidrox18

kidrox18 Guest

as much as a drug dealer thief or anything to get money but yea I guess I'm just anxious to find out if they are because they all deny it becausw of his appearance. It doesn't really make sense to me either really.

6. jamgrassphan

They deny it because not of them wants to accept their responsibility. They're little boys. Trust me, I know the type - I know 50 year old men who want to run away from their responsibility.

7. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

DNA test don't lie. look into it. it'll be the easiest way to answer your question.

8. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

Biracial baby's tend to be far lighter as infants how dark can he possibly be I think u need a dr Phil paternity test thing. Like kidrox18 is back for the 5th time trying to find her baby daddy.

9. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

Two blonde people could have a dark child. It's not just about the parents appearance, but also the genetics of their parents, and so on. So just because he's darker than any of the potential fathers, doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Have all the potential fathers tested, and you'll know for sure.

10. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

stop shagging so many guys

you're only 15 even now.

11. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

Right damn 5 guys where the hell are ur parents

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

poor kid

and I mean the baby...not you

13. kidrox18

kidrox18 Guest

not like I wanted to I'm not even into guys. Rather because of my addiction. It's not just his skin tone. It's his hair and features. They don't look like Barry none of my possibilities looj like him.

14. kidrox18

kidrox18 Guest

in jail or doing drugs. Without knowing who the dad is I don't have an income or family support so I don't see how I can do it alone at 15

15. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I'm sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble

being an addict so young and having a kid so young sounds like a lot to have to handle

I think that there are probably some government resources out there for you

you might want to look at the resources on this thread

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=408548&f=383

I think that there is a link there for childwelfare.gov for resources if you are in the us.

some of the resources for runaways might be helpful to you, though it sounds more like you are a potentially homeless teen than a runaway

a paternity test for all of the potential fathers would probably identify the dad, but if they don't have any money to give, it might be of little use

you might want to consider giving your child to an adoptive family. I think that there are a lot of potential parents that want to adopt tiny babies.

I hope that everything works out!

16. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

also, please keep posting if you don't find the help that you need. I can try to help you find more resources if these don't work

17. lines

lines Member

Try getting a DNA test for your baby that analyzes ancestry(as in what race/races or nationalities are part of the DNA). Once you get that information think about the ancestry of the guys you've dated and see if their is a match.

18. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

You may want to think long and hard about figuring out who the biological father is. I understand that you need financial support, but have you seriously thought about what is going to happen when you do figure out who daddy is? Have you thought about your precious bundle of joy spending every other weekend with the him? Or do you just hope he will cut you a check every month and never want to be part of the child's life?

19. drock69

drock69 Members

You should have been a little bit more responsible!

20. Transguy

Transguy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Please read further down the thread, this poor girl deserves our support