Is my boyfriend gay?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by orchidus, Sep 22, 2013.

1. orchidus

orchidus Guest

I've had a boyfriend for almost a year now, and some months ago something happened that I can't seem to get over... I wish I could, but I really feel like I need someone's opinion on this.

We were still getting to know each other, when I asked him to come to a party with me. A couple of gay guys were there, and one of them told me to watch out, because the other guy seemed like he might be hitting on my boyfriend. The next day I told my boyfriend about this, and he said that the guy had held his hand when we were leaving in a taxi.

Later, my friend who is a really good friend of the gay guy, told me that it was really my boyfriend who had held his hand, not the other way around... And then she also told me that my boyfriend had told him that he was even prettier than me.. while she and other people could hear it...

Later my boyfriend added this guy to his facebook, and according to my friend, he had said things to him that made him "uncomfortable" and was "unappropriate" and had liked his facebook-pictures. She now thinks he's bisexual, and doesn't trust him at all...

When I confronted him about it, he admitted that he had held his hand, but said it was meant as a joke and as friends, but it really bugs me that he lied to me about it first...

The other things he just says he can't remember, and that he must have been drunk. But I think it's really stupid that this is his only way of justifying it. It makes me think he has something to hide... What do you think? Should I be worried?

2. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A few months ago?

What I think is that if you want to break up with him. You don't have to invent homosexuality as an excuse.

If you don't want to break up with him, and he doesn't want to break up with you, then it doesn't matter if he's gay.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dump him so he can get a girlfriend thats not a control freak

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

How would you react if the other person had been a woman, rather than a gay man?

(And why do I even have to ask it that way?)

5. orchidus

orchidus Guest

That's what I have been thinking lately... Like if it was a girl I wouldn't have accepted it. He doesn't take responsibility because it was a guy, and he thought it was "just fun" and a joke. But the gay guy didn't see it that way.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This is pretty pathetic.

7. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

wow a gay guy thought a guy was hitting on him when it was a joke
    just leave it be. catch him fucking a dude before you freak out

8. orchidus

orchidus Guest

Well... I guess this means it's a stupid problem and it's not even a problem? My friends made me feel stupid for staying with him, and thinking I shouldn't trust him.. So it made me me wonder if I was being naive.

9. Reducted

Reducted Member

Everyone is biflexible. However, it sounds like your boyfriend, as gay as he may be, is still choosing you over his baser instincts.

If you want to get kinky with it, I am sure that there are a lot of benefits of having a gay boyfriend. Get him out of the closet and take him shopping with you. He will probably learn ballroom dancing and cooking too. Sounds like quite the catch to me.

10. kurona

kurona Member

he must be bi. most likely he is. i just hope... yer not offended coz it was a guy and... not a girl.

that line that the gay dude is prettier than you... damn... that was a foul. you should slap him haahhahahahah

agree with reduct, it can be fun. hell... you might even get a 3some experience out of it ... >_>

plus, you KNOW he wont complain when you go shopping with him... heck, he might even like to try the clothes himself!

11. BrotherHobo

BrotherHobo Member

Sounds pretty gay to me. But, gay or not, he sounds like he needs to go down the road. If he doesn't like you enough to be loyal to you, get rid of him and find a guy who is. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong crowd. Personally, I'm way past big parties and bar hopping and all that nonsense. That kind of stuff interests kids, and I'm not a kid anymore.

12. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

Nobody's really anything. IT's just a big human smorgasbord out there. Unless this sort of thing is afffecting your sex/rtelationship, why question it?... Or is it?

Do you have sex?

Does he have that annoying gay personality? Or is he jsut a little bi-curious?