Is MJ really more potent today than it was back then?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by 6-eyed shaman, Aug 24, 2018.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I remember pot having seeds and stems in it in the mid to late 90's. It seems like it was very compacted; like you got what was part of a brick. It wasn't like chronic (we used to call it chronic without referring to the strain or whether it was indica or sativa). Before you smoked it in a bong or a pipe, or rolled a joint or whatever, you'd spend 10 minutes sorting the seeds and stems out of it. It was part of the ritual process to de-seed the stuff! :)

Nowadays any of the stuff I would get would come from a dispensary. It would be medical grade (no seeds or stems), or we could call it recreational grade! :) But anyway... It seems like there is no such thing as seeds or stems. It must grow seedless or something...

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Just.
    And it's mainly pills, oil, creams, etc. Leaf can only be vaporized, not smoked!

You have to register with the state, then obtain a doctor's certification, go back to the registry and pay for an I.D. card, then find a dispensary. About $70 for a half gram of liquid resin for a vaporizer.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Not worth the effort.

Someone applied to grow it near me but didn't get the bid.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

They can not enforce how anyone uses medical cannabis in Pa. Patrick Nightingale a marijuana lawyer here in Pittsburgh already spoke out about how the enforcement would be ridiculous and a waste of time. As dabbing is perfectly legal and uses fire to heat the banger..
    Cannabis in Pa does not cost that much. Grams are 12$/15$/20$ and 250mg vapor pens are 25$ /500mg 40$/50$ to 80$
    10% off veteran and if they have customer appreciation day that is 20%
    Also depends on the dispensary
    https://keystoneshops.com/menu/devon/#1533374363600-e92e134f-7246

MeAgain likes this.
  4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

If you have no males... There will be no seeds. That has always been true.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Michael Jackson was most potent in the eighties

Orison likes this.
  6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

HA! That's what I keep reading it as

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Me after smoking some potent weed:
    [​IMG]

Irminsul and Orison like this.
  8. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

*ahem*.

YES.

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Reminds me of ghost peppers and Carolina reapers. With the right nursing you can get plants the way you want over time.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

At least 4 nights a week I smoke 2 bowls and eat popcorn. I put apple cider vinegar splash over it and some chedder powder. Fucken Ace.

11. Matias

Matias Members

Actually sounds rather good.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Of course, Irmi don't make anything that's not good.

13. storch

storch banned

I smoked weed for many, many years--and lots of it--starting in the 70s. I quit smoking some time ago. Seven years ago, a young relative told me that the new weed is really potent--a lot more potent than what I smoked when I was young. He gave me a joint of stuff called Super Silver Haze. I smoked it. In my opinion, it made me stoned and lazily relaxed, but not high. It was nothing like the old Columbian Gold or Red Bud from the seventies.

I told my relative what I thought of it, and he seemed offended. He even tried to convince me that the weed of yesteryear only seemed better because I was young, and that the reason I didn't get off on it like I should have is because I smoked it alone. What could I say?

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You could have said "bullshit"...

15. storch

storch banned

He's never experienced anything like an old-school high, and so he doesn't believe in it.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

isn't that the only way to get a good weed high? the stuff was never really meant to be a party drug.

17. storch

storch banned

Well whoever designed the newer "potent" stuff to not be a party drug certainly knew what they were doing.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  18. storch

storch banned

When I was eighteen, I would be with a group of others and someone would pull out a bowl and load it with weed. After three hits my mind would start to wander and I would put my head back and close my eyes. It was like my thinking was on automatic-pilot and was going at super speed without any effort at all. And then someone would say, "Hey Storch, wake up." But I wasn't falling asleep; far from it. Basically, I was forced to sit around a table with others and keep my mind from doing what it will just so I wouldn't look out of sinc with the rest of the group. And even then someone would say, "Why are you so quiet, Storch?" And I'd say, "I don't know, I guess I've just got nothing to say." What I was really thinking was, "I just smoked some potent weed and now I don't care to be around you. It's nothing personal; you're just really a drag on my being right now."

To me it was an introspective experience, and the presence of others brought that experience to a standstill. When smoking with others, it seemed that the object was to get high and then do my best to appear and to act as if I wasn't. After a few episodes like that, I determined that weed was not intended to enhance social interactions. So I eventually got my own bag and bowl and became immersed in writing, playing the guitar, and chess. My mind needed an avenue of expression when I smoked, and people did not fulfill that need.

Driftrue likes this.
  19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ yep, my experiences have been pretty much the same. hence my comment.

i get pretty annoyed at people who insist that it's awful to smoke alone. i assume those people have just never tried doing so.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If you got shit weed, just have a few beers before :D