Is Martin Luther King....?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Monkey Boy, Jan 19, 2009.

1. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

I liked Patton, too bad he was chosen to be killed too so he would not rock the political vote/boat

2. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I haven't seen Terence Mckenna speak before I'll have to check that out.:)

I think the best fictional speaker would have to be William Wallace from Braveheart.
    [​IMG]

3. nesta

nesta Banned

only black americans may be the best public speaker ever:toetap05:

i disagree on terence mckenna personally...i think he's an interesting guy, and has made some very thought-provoking comments, theories, and observations, but his wording often strikes me as being like a jigsaw puzzle which only sort of fits together...kind of jumbled....and then theres just the horrible sound of his voice!

i'm not raggin on the guy, he's pretty great, but as for a speaker...the only person i can say i'd like to listen to even less is jello biafra (who i DONT like)....

but mumia abu-jamal, regardless of what people do or do not think of him, is a wonderful speaker. well versed, eloquent, to the point, poignant, and that velvety-smooth voice is the icing on the cake

4. nesta

nesta Banned

foolishness....william wallace is NOT a fictional character, he is a rather important historical figure.

braveheart is a dramatization (imo a rather poor movie, but people seem to mostly disagree), but the characters and events, for the most part, are based in fact.

5. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I love the way Terrence talks, not just his voice and how he emphasizes at points, but how he speaks as if hes just as amazed when he says something as when the thoughts first occured to him. Truly humble man, I love that dude

6. nesta

nesta Banned

oh i like his audio/visual recordings, but it took me a while to get acclimated to it.

still, while i like it, he is a bit grating in his own way, imo

i like him, but prefer reading his stuff to listening to him....

i'd never say he was a "great" speaker, regardless of how much i like him:cheers2:

7. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Easy, easy. I'm just a monkey. What's your favorite speaker then? I agree Braveheart is loosely based on fact. I doubt the real William Wallace was anything like Mel Gibson.

8. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

I like thos of the past that offered a no bullshit approach to their speech, no padding the situation or thoughts. Yes General George Patton was a hell of a man!

[​IMG]

9. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Agree. I admire those guys from the greatest generation. My grandfather was one of them. Hard as nails.

10. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Hey, Bush can't even speak WITH a teleprompter. Give the bloke a little credit.

11. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Hitler was a very good speaker...you know...just throwing that out there.

12. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

13. nesta

nesta Banned

its true, which is why, though bush is undoubtedly stupid, i generally don't care how a politician speaks, and don't bother listening to their rhetoric.

rhetoric is an artform, and one may be good at it or bad.

it has only to do with gaining support, and nothing to do with what they really think or how they'll behave in office.

don't get me wrong, i have respect for public speakers, and more for speechwriters, but what a politician says he'll do and what he'll do are in no way actually related.

so i dont care what obama says or how he says it.

i'll consider what his "official" positions are, and if i like them i like them. thats why i voted for him, not because of anything i heard him say.

but as for whether i like HIM or not, i'll wait about a year or so and see what i think of what he's done.

14. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

call me racist or whatever you want, but I didn't like MLK

and it wasn't because of what he stood for or because he was black.

you find out why. Just dig.

15. nesta

nesta Banned

from what i've heard from people who were around sometime around when he was active, he had a number of affairs but "it would never make it in a history book" due to his reputation

but that doesnt sound like much of a reason (specifically) for you to dislike him.

so i don't know, TGK

16. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

he was quite well endowed

17. nesta

nesta Banned

so you don't like him because you're jealous, or you don't like him because you couldnt take what he could give you?

18. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

he was a larger butthumper than most realize

19. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

MLK was a plagiarist and adulterer with communist connections.

20. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

:hurray: