Is Marriage Just Crap ?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by undefeated, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Congrats!!
    Beach wedding?

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Potentially. It is going to be a small and inexpensive affair. A public beach doesn't sound appealing, and we don't know anyone who belongs to one of those fancy beach clubs or even has access to a private beach. Right now we're trying to get through December. Next month we'll start looking into logistics and making actual plans. We just barely picked the date :)

3. Jackoutt

Jackoutt Banned

Congratulations! In what city will your wedding?:blush: We also had a great wedding, everyone had good impressions. We celebrated in such a beautiful place - Conrad Pune! Here you can find review of this place, and many another useful information for wedding planning. Maybe it will be useful to you.

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A meeting of the minds is most important. All the rest will follow.

5. Midasflower

Midasflower Visitor

Been married 2 years and together 8. Sex is still as good today as it was from the start. I enjoy sharing my stories and speaking about my sex life in general but I’d never, ever even entertain the idea of having sex with anybody else.

6. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Marriage can be crap, or, it can be cool crap. I say it depends on each couple. But I think it's mostly crap, if for no other reason than that it can put so much pressure on one party, or both parties involved. Then the families get involved, and it turns into a giant blobby mess. And a lot of the times, all this happens without the couple in question not truly making sure that they are indeed right for each other. A divorce then ensues.

So yeah, marriage is shit unless all parties involved can make sure it doesn't turn into shit.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Or you can just do your own thing with no parties, the way it should be. I have no idea why everybody puts so much emphasis on impressing this whole tribe of family you barely see in a year trying to make them all have a good day when it's your day.

That's why I had something intimate and small. I didn't even invite my parents, just my 3 sisters, their partners and their children.

This way, everyone was happy. We went to pub afterwards, they order what they want, they drink what they want and I pay. Been to a few weddings where whoever got the fish was disappointed and whoever didn't drink beer wasn't paid for. Creates tensions. Creates a shit day.

But I'm not like everybody else and so, my wedding was never going to go like that. We did it our way that made sense only to us and as for the rest, well it became a fond memory for all parties involved albeit only small.

And yeah, it's usually me who gets stuck with the fish and when I go and gripe, I realise, I'm never the only one. Folk have to stop putting that shit on the menu. Chicken or lamb makes everyone happy.

8. Noserider

^^Where were you two weeks ago when we decided a choice between prime rib or fish?

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

:D

There should also be an option on the invitation. Then you can say to venue I want 44 ribs and 3 fish. Cause, there's always a few oddballs lol. :p

This is where my wife is really good to me. She'll take the fish whether she wants it or not. I still have gripes about it though. What I really like are those mini bread rolls and the butter that's frozen in Foil. I sit on the butter to melt it. Then I'm hacking into those rolls!

10. Noserider

Fortunately, our good friend owns a catering business. She's a bride's maid, and she is feeding the whole sh'bang for free. But we've already learned what you said--forget the big elaborate stuff. That's all for them not us; and it should be about us. Halfway through planning, I was ready for the two of us to elope to Vegas for "our" wedding and let all the bullshit be "their" wedding.

I can't wait to be a wife, but, so far, being a bride is a pain in the ass...

Irminsul likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

How many people are going? I've been to big weddings, my sisters wedding was huge and like 30,000 Australian dollars... And honestly, she spent the whole day with a shitty look on her face I'll never forget it. She was so over everything from people especially since she doesn't get along with her hubby's brother and he decided to get up and rant a drunken speech. And I looked at her and she was furious. The bad part was everyone knew it. "how fucken pissed off was she" her hubby asked me the next day "she couldn't even smile for anything". The rest of us sisters did find it somewhat funny because she's always the cranky one but I felt bad for her too. She was furious, with everything. The fact the boys went out the night before, the brother, the food situations.

I'm heaps excited for you. :) i never really was ever excited about anybodies wedding until I had mine but knowing just how well it can go, and how good it can be with the right people then yes I will get excited for people. I don't know too much about your miss but from what I read you two work very well together so I find that akin to my relationship so I know it'll work out.

12. Noserider

Guest list is at 41 at the moment. People have until Sunday to RSVP. It was supposed to be a small wedding, but even small, it's like a zillion people. With each guest added, it becomes less and less intimate.

I don't know. I don't judge how other people celebrate, but for me, I don't get people posting wedding pictures all over social media and tagging them and stuff like that. I just want to be about us, and not have to share it with the whole world, but I guess that's not how weddings work.

13. I'm not married but I'm still a firm believer in marriage.
    I grew up religious, and haven't really saw many divorces around me, so I'm sure that helped lol.
    It's not like everyone's marriage was perfect, but people dealt with it all, I guess.
    I always thought that was one of the main ideas of marriage - two people supporting each other and pulling through together. Like...I got your back.

I am also very realistic and think people could be a bit more realistic about who they marry.
    (whoM they marry?? I never know this)
    Know the person you're marrying, and don't go into marriage thinking they'll change.
    If you don't agree on the big issues (kids, sex, religion, whatever...) it's probably going to get hard.
    And I also believe people tend to be selfish and not willing to share their life and themselves completely with another person.
    To me marriage isn't a thing that lasts until someone gets bored or something.
    It's serious business, yall.

Bleh

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

In regards to these big issues, let's take religion for example, do you think if you are not in agreement on them, then you are not supporting? or is such an issue one where the agreement supercedes support?

15. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

You get out of it, what you put in. I’m learning that. Thankfully, I married a patient guy.

Love isn’t enough, though. You have to like who you marry. We were friends for a few years before we began dating. Of people who divorce, I wonder if they ever liked their spouse. I really like the person who my husband is.

16. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Damn Ms. Eloise never expected you to hold such a similar view on marriage to mine. Whenever I talk about marriage bein' serious & all that shit people just tell me I'm too ol' fashioned. Good knowin' I'm not completely alone.
    At least for me I'd say I liked who I thought she was but turns out I just didn't know her at all.

Sexwise, Deidre and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I think if you look back during the times you dated her, you’ll probably recall some red flags, that didn’t seem so red then, because you were in love. I don’t believe so much that people morph into entirely different beings, rather when we’re in love, we see what we want to see. I’m not faulting you, it is part of human nature.

I sabotaged a lot of relationships before getting married last year. I always feared love so I would find reasons to end things. But my husband, when he asked me to marry him, said “you are worth climbing that big wall you built.” That is the best thing any man has ever said to me.

You’ll meet a good woman someday. I think you’re handling things well. I remember your story when you first came here and you’ve come a long way. <3

BeatinFeet69 and Eric! like this.
  18. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Marriage is not for everyone, and with the dysfunction between the sexes, thanks in large part to feminism, few marriages really work anymore.

But there have been times when I have been torn between envisioning the prison of marriage, and spending my later years of life completely alone as I really have no extended family, and few people I can truly call friends.

19. Noserider

What does this even mean?

20. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It means feminism has divided the sexes and created a lot of animosity. That is not to say women solely are at fault.