Is Marriage Just Crap ?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by undefeated, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

How do you know they do then ?

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I don't..
    I don't know either way.
    So I was hoping you'd convince me it wasn't a sad state of affairs.

Mysteron likes this.
  3. Captain Scarlet

Sorry the point I was trying to get across was that the poster may have assumed I was American and everything that he stated applied to here in the UK . This is not the case as its a totally different country, laws and cultures etc. In my neck of the woods we do have a very neighbourly culture and look after the elderly and the lonely people by checking on them . I appreciate this doesn't happen every where in the world and as a Brit , I fully appreciate that I will be in the minority on a mainly American Forum ( I am guessing that it is ) .I have nothing but the highest regard for Americans .

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nah there's more of us foreigners than yanks here. :p
    The Aussies and the bloody Poms probably outweigh them in numbers alone with a few of us stragglers getting around Europe somewhere. :sweatsmile:

Sexwise, Driftrue and Mysteron like this.
  5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Plenty of Brits here, myself included.
    And quite a few Australians.

Mind me asking what general area you are in? I live in a very small place and there's definitely a neighborly attitude and people help each other out.. But that's a bit different than people struggling to find a long term partner.

Mysteron likes this.
  6. Captain Scarlet

A small village in the North West . We actually go out to Manchester for a night out , which I believe is the singles capital of the UK ? Obviously I have studied human behaviour when doing my Psychology qualifications and have a tendency to watch people . I think Manchester is brilliant and fascinating . Watching people doing the old fashioned dating game ( of all ages ) is very interesting . Sometimes I do get caught up in it by watching people and have given out false signals ( not intentionally) . I have actually been asked out 10 times last year including one guy and chatted up numerous times.

Our own social circles include 2 other couples who have been married for 8 years and 25 years . I have been married for 23 years ( 30 years together ) . So I have to say I don't see marriage as being crap its whatever you make it IMHO.

bananaman321 and Driftrue like this.
  7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Oh I agree it's not crap. I'm a big fan of long term relationships whether legally married or not.

I can't really give a perspective, as I said. I'm far too outside of the mainstream society, geographically and mentally. Good to have your views.

Mysteron likes this.
  8. kankoon

kankoon Members

Mismatched couples mostly divorce. In the beginning of a relation most people are fake, when the real likes and dislikes start showing it usually all goes down.

Sexwise and Mysteron like this.
  9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yep. That's why I advocate 3-5 years of dating before marriage. People who get married after 2 years.. i just think, what's the point? if it's going to last, you may as well wait another year or so.

NakedInfluence, kankoon and Mysteron like this.
  10. Captain Scarlet

You have hit the nail on the head there . The problem is its sometimes difficult to know if you have found that right person. I fortunately have, but I had a failed Engagement previously of which I called it off and my partner at that time reluctantly agreed The relationship was going nowhere after a promising start. There is a feeling you get when you have found that right person and it stays with you but its difficult to describe but I didn't have this feeling with my previous partner.

11. Captain Scarlet

True . With my current partner I met her in 1989 through fait ( I will tell that story some time ) and we married in 1996 .

12. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

Marriage and the feeling of being a whole and complete person when you find that right one is all religion based and so is staying together even if you are being abused. That is also religion based. People are beginning to see that religion and its horrible hate crimes are not what we are all about. People are now more open to gay relationships, splitting up when hit or abused in any way, etc, etc, etc. American couples are having babies at an all time LOW and PBS said yeaterday that in a pole the new generation is having less sex in general due to many circumstances like diseases, fake internet dating info and people waking up to the fact that marriage is not forever BUT friendships are. If you have a fuck friend with whome you are compatable then hang out. That's what I did and it has lasted 23 years so far.

new Athenian likes this.
  13. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

I so agree , have seen the ravages of sexless marriages as though it is possible to separate sexuality from the person and the control many denominations attempt to exercise upon their flocks.
    I've seen women who felt they had to stay with an alcoholic wife beater.
    I've seen the devastation of internet dating turn into real time nightmare when truth was exposed.

I once thought we had progressed much further than this but realized soon enough it was an illusion, although some people are being enlightened.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Couples bound themselves well before mainstream religion or religion in general. Even our ancient gods were married. Lol. .

Mysteron likes this.
  15. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

it's a poopie.

16. Just for fun

wow a real thinking human being, thank you for that response my friend

17. kankoon

kankoon Members

If you find the right one, with similar interest and compatible in sex. It may be lots of fun.

18. Captain Scarlet

Agreed but not always easy. As you grow older and the relationship continues , one tends to get more adventurous which brings much renewed interest .

19. Just for fun

yes it is for financial reasons only

20. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

there is a tiny tiny percentage of people where marriage is awesome.....I wish I was one of those people.....problem is ive seen so many friends spend thousands of dollars on a wedding and more in the marriage only to split after stupid shit comes up......these days people just don't hang in for the long run like our parents did

marriage is a bad investment for the majority of people......

Tyrsonswood and mysticblu21 like this.