Is it wrong?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by RetroGroove_Grrl, Sep 6, 2005.

1. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

To hang out with an ex if you have moved on to someone else?

How would you be if your partner told you they were going out for drinks with your ex? Would you be cool with it, or would you be annoyed?

2. UnspokenThings

UnspokenThings Member

id let my partner do what they wanted, and then get dissapointed when they took advantage of that.

3. jonsworld

jonsworld Member

if you wanted to let you partner do what they wanted , why are you bitching about the photos "unspokenthings".

4. RetroGroove_Grrl

no thats not my partner....

5. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I reckon anyone who says "don't" on pretty much anything prolly has insecruity/trust issues....

...unless yer learning to juggle chainsaws or summit....then it might be worth listening to 'em...

6. RetroGroove_Grrl

what if while out on those drinks they didnt answer any text messages, and turned their phone off?

7. Oz!

is it unusual for the phone to be off?

8. RetroGroove_Grrl

9. Oz!

well, lil' alarm bells would certainly start to ring......it could be perfectly innocent of course....but I'd wanna know why me partner had decided to go ill commincado for the night.....

have yer met this ex? is she/he a friend?

10. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

It depends.

If you're a girl, of course you should be able to hang out with your ex. After all, it's your EX, it's just friends, and he's a controlling PRICK if he tries to stop you hanging around with your friends and you don't need him.

If you're a guy, absolutely NOT. You had feelings for this girl before, how can the new one be sure as to why you're hanging around this person after it's over? Shame on you, you PIG, for STOMPING on her feelings by hanging around with this person! If she's not comfortable about this you should bend over backwards to accomodate her feelings, after all if you don't care about her feelings you're a misogynist and Yet Another Bastard Worthless Male.

11. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I'd be cool with that, I trust him completely.

If he wanted to cheat on you with his ex, he would not have told you where he's going. Phones don't always work, his battery may have died or something... So don't be too paranoid about it. :) But if you're worried or it bothers you that he hangs out with his ex... then talk to him about it. :)

12. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

Not necessarily..they could say that, to make you think they are doing it innocently, I've had this happen before and there actually was something going on..because i trusted him..also, go with your gut..it's the best thing to listen to..

13. RetroGroove_Grrl

his friend that is mutual friend of both my man and his ex, who was with them also turned his phone off...

really dont think I'm being unjustified in thinking ther is something fishy going on

14. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Retro, just dump the guy. He's being weird.

15. RetroGroove_Grrl

hahaha I like that.
    I'm going to go round there at 7 am this morning and get my stuff and go... I'm really nervous about it, but I'm also nervous about being played for a fool for another minute...

Wonder if hes at her place, or if their in the sack together at his... hmmmmm I do wonder.

16. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

Retro what does your gut tell you? Listen to it hun :)

17. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

come on goth..dump him? isnt that premature? ever think the phones might not be off they might just be somewhere where they arent getting a signal?

18. RetroGroove_Grrl

I feel like such a freaking fool :(

19. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

yea retro, i've noticed other threads in the past where you said your gut feelings were that he didnt respect you or took you for granted, & didnt give you the attention you deserved..i however wouldnt just assume something based on the phone being off, but i would question him..without comming off as an accusation

20. RetroGroove_Grrl

maybe soaring... but its 3am