Is it wrong to suspect your mother...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by EventHorizon, Apr 24, 2013.

1. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Member

...had something to do with the recent death of a cat in my old neighborhood. I feel like she fed it poison, let it die, then used the sadness of the death to get people sympathetic to her 'sadness'. All in an effort to steer peoples minds away from the fact that she hasn't had a job in a decade and feeds off of her children's social security checks. Call it paranoia if you wish, but i know she's capable.

She called me yesterday to brag up how upset she is and complained that im not there to help her through it. She doesn't realize that i live five states away and have no plans to return. Anyways that's that. I had to tell someone. Im sorry/Your we

2. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

lol thats fucked up

no, its not wrong, but get sure that she actually did it before you tell her anything

3. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I don't think it's wrong to suspect anyone, if you think they did something. Being a mother doesn't make one a Saint.

Pretty sick if she did that, though. Sounds similar to Munchausen syndrome by proxy, where mothers hurt their children, even killing them, to get sympathy and attention.

4. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

I get that people feel weird things when pets die. It's sometimes more upsetting than human death. Support is sometimes needed but....using it as a guilt-ax on someone five states away is uber-douchey

If your mother really did kill a cat to illicit sympathy, then she really does need your support, just not in the way she thinks she needs it. She's fuckn' crazy. Nuck'n Futz crazy. A danger to herself and others, crazy.

So if that's the case. What are you gonna do about it?

5. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Member

Ill spare you all the drama. She's been addicted to drugs for years. Cocaine i think. She lives with her mother. I know she needs help, goodness knows i tried a few times. But once my old man moved in with HIS mother i grew fed up and fled the state to start a new life.

I just wish i could do more from a distance.

6. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

My mother displays similar behavior. Historically, she does 1 of 3 things when she's confronted. She either goes into a bout of rage, throwing plates (or whatever she can get her hands on), goes into a deep hibernation (staying in bed for weeks at a time), or goes and buys enough drugs for a week long bender. I decided it was much easier on me if I just stopped talking to her. I've spoken to her 4 or 5 times over the last 4 years and my life has been a lot better.

7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Unfortunately,bringing a child into the world doesn't make one a good parent. You've gotten away--best thing is to stay away. Some people just can't/won't change their behaviour and will bring nothing but misery to those around them. It hurts when parents do what you guys are describing---I have experience in that area. Just carry on and accept that they are toxic people that need to be kept at a distance.

8. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

If my mother killed a cat, she wouldn't be around much longer.
    Anyone who dislikes cats, doesn't deserve to breathe..

9. LetLovinTakeHold

I dislike cats. Most of them anyway.

"Breathe, brethe in the air. Don't be afraid to care"

10. IamnotaMan

11. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Disliking cats and killing a cat are kind of different things.

Wishing someone dead over something so trivial in the scope of life is kinda ruder than not liking cats.

12. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I think it would be really difficult to live with suspecting anyone you know of being that cruel, let alone your mother.

It saddens me to read that you are in that situation.

You can not help anyone who does not wish to help themselves. That at times is the most difficult part of relationships to accept.

13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

why didnt you just tell her to ''get over it...its a fucking cat...you probably poisoned it yourself''

?

14. IamnotaMan

Well u might think cats are "trivial". I dont.
    If someone killed a baby or a down's syndrome person, there'd probably be some "drama", altho both are less intelligent than a cat. Personally, I'd value a cat over someone who deliberately killed one. Infinitely more.

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

a year or so ago, I found a dog tag in the dirt while digging a garden. I come to the conclusion that someone in my family killed a nuisance dog and buried it there. only for me to find it some 30yrs later.

16. LetLovinTakeHold

As it was already pointed out.....there is a big difference between not liking cats and killing cats. You seem to think that's the same thing.

17. IamnotaMan

But every crime starts with a state of mind.
    For instance:-
    ISLAMIST 1 "I don't like terrorists being arrested".
    ISLAMIST 2 "Yes, I'm gonna commit some terrorism".

Solution?
    Armed cats
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nnlbYCEE4I"]Funny Cat With Gun - YouTube