Is it wrong for Men to ware toe rings

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Barefooten, May 30, 2006.

1. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

I hear that, just dosent compute for me. I was born without toe rings and by god i'll die without toe rings.

2. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

Heh - yeah I've worn toe rings so long that not only do I have ridges around the neighboring toes from the friction, but I also have permanent grooves where the ring sits. Even if I take my toe rings off, it still looks like I have them on. :p

We're born without a lot of things. Clothes. Tattoos. Any kind of jewelry. Piercings. Hair (some of us). We all have our own affectations that we have adopted in our lives. Just because we aren't born with something doesn't mean that it's wrong.

3. sweetktg

sweetktg Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I started wearing a single toe ring a couple of years ago, and upgraded to three at the start of this year. I'm barefoot most weekends around work & have had many compliments from customers. A female colleague wears a single ring & she looks fantastic with it - we've even had conversations about our rings - seemed rather strange though a female asking me about where's best to get rings from. By the way, I'm as straight as you get, but so what

Same here :)

The only injuries I get are from me being careless & catching my little toe on things, or getting a splinter in my foot from the wooden pontoons, or when stepping on a sharp stone when walking on the shingle beach - in otherwords have never got a injury due to my toe rings - regardless of how careless I've been :H

By the way, this is my first posting. I've been following this forum though for just over a couple of years, & it's with thanks to everybody on this forum that I started to barefoot more often & wear toe rings. Thank you.

[​IMG]

4. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

that's good news ! we're not losing time then.

5. bfrank

bfrank Member

I posted on this topic earlier this year and I see it's still fairly current. So just to reiterate my take on this. Of course it's not "wrong" for a man to wear toe rings. But I personally don't like them for myself. I don't want anything on my feet, and that includes my toes.

But if someone else chooses to wear them, I think it's fine.

6. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

Good for you, keep it up. And nice anklet also, by the way[​IMG] I wear those, too. And I like seeing them, on people in general.

7. Jackie D

Jackie D Member

i think it just doesn't look rite . somethings just don't go together. Lol girls have better dress sense

8. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

Not always.

There are some things we cannot allow girls/women to keep to themselves. I went thru that a long time ago when fighting for the right of us guys to bare our legs. Meaning wearing shorts. I'm not going to do it again. We've won our right to bare legs, feet, and even arms, and to show off our best. When we know how.

So, I partly agree with you in that some guys have a goofy/gawky way of pulling it off, which is too bad. All of us don't. But I totally disagree that bareness, toe rings, anklets, are strictly the purview of females.

9. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

To counter your claim, I submit as exhibit 'A' the last 3 weeks of audition episodes from the TV show "American Idol". :) But hey to each their own, right?

10. Hoosier

Hoosier Member

Have you noticed all of the barefoot people appearing on idol, there are some that just get on stage barefoot but there are a few that arent wearing shoes and there was one that had these silly shoes on during the audition then they showed her walking down the street barefoot as she was leaving.

11. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

Yeah, Idol is actually a great show for seeing bare feet, for a couple of reasons I think.

1. A lot of musical performers prefer to perform in as much comfort as possible. I think it's more predominant in country and folk performers but I have also seen many hardcore rock singers belting it out on stage, barefoot. Last year's runner up Katherine McPhee performed barefoot at least once near the end of the competition, as did Bo Bice the year before.

2. The audition process is long - like 15 hours long for some people...and they spend at least parrt of that time standing in very horrible shoes. So they can often be seen taking them off either during or near the end of their auditions.

One of the interesting things they've done this year was they put a camera on the ground to show peoples feet as they herded them into the auditoriums...and there were quite a lot of flip flops on screen. I didn't see any guys wearing toe rings though! :-(

12. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Even got a chance to see Paula Abdul wearing shoes that showed her toes recently!

Had the hots for her for a long as I can remember. For years I've kept a tear sheet from People Magazine of her sitting in her backyard over a small pond with her lovely barefeet dangling over it.

Nice!!!

13. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

Hijacking this thread again. ;-) So in the last episode of American Idol, the judges picked the 12 men and 12 women who would be the top 24 to move on to be voted on by the people. There were again many shots of the contestants barefoot...but most importantly, one of the male finalists Paul Kim seems to be one of us! He was barefoot while waiting for the judge's decision, and he also made the statement on camera that he would ALWAYS perform barefoot - that would be his "thing". So congrats to Paul Kim, and I hope that he can spread a little barefoot tolerance and educate the people who watch the show about what we already know. A barefooter in the mainstream can only help us all.

14. towringr

towringr Member

Have people forgotten this forum? Well, I just wanted to say that I've been wearing between six and ten toe rings all summer without a single negative comment. Everyone looks, though, and several ladies have offered me compliments. Still go regularly for pedicures and have my nails painted Cotton Candy. How has your summer been, everyone?

15. Barefooten

Barefooten Member

Mann I have been haveing trouble with toe rings that will not fit me comfortably. There is a place in Kona on the big island of Hawaii that does custom fitted toe rings. Ill check that out when I go back to work! For once I will be able to walk comfortably without hurting my toes. I had one toe ring that fit me just fine I miss placed it. Oh well ill get new ones for all of my toes. This time they will be custom fitted and fit nicely!

[​IMG]

16. MisterEm

MisterEm Member

You might as well ask if it's wrong for men to wear rings on their fingers. If it's OK with you, then do it.

17. toeringguy

toeringguy Member

Saturday i went out with toe rings on 8 of my toes, i don't think anyone noticed.

18. Bosyen

Bosyen Member

I like toerings too! :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Bosyen

Bosyen Member

20. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

I like the design on the last one, Bosyen. You take great care of your feet, too. Do you get them pedicured professionally? I thought I was gung-ho about it, but you've got me beat. ;-P