Is it wrong for Men to ware toe rings

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Barefooten, May 30, 2006.

1. Barefooten

Barefooten Member

Hi I am new here but I am just getting into being barefoot all the time. Now is it wrong for men to ware toe rings? I put one on my left foot the other day and I don't seem to think it looks so bad. But then I took it off. Now I don't think I would ware it in public because people might say that I am gay or something so stupid along those lines. But as a barefooter is it excepted among you?

Most likely I probabaly won't ware one. Besides they can get too tight on your toe cutting circulation to your toe.

2. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I've worn a toe ring in public many times, a woman who cut my hair actually gave me a compliment on it. Look at it this way, guys wear ear rings even though they may be strait, so why not on your feet? I'd say be bold and try it!

Make sure it fits properly, just enough so it won't cut off any circulation or it won't roll around and come off.

3. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

I've got to chime in here as a toe-ring wearing man who has worn them consistently going on 10 years now. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a man wearing them. Period.

If it's what you want to do, and you can find a comfortable one to wear then just do it! You may get stares or even negative comments. But you will also, as Barefoot-Boy mentioned, get compliments from people.

You can't live your life by what other people think. Why would you want to give anyone that much power over you? There is a point at which that rationale ends, but a man wearing rings on his toes ain't even close.:p

Best of luck to you. If you need toe ring advice, feel free to ask. I, or on of the other regulars on the board, would be all too happy to answer.

4. mrpwonder

mrpwonder Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I agree. I've worn a tore ring for 4 years. I dont care what others think about it. And the only comments I hear are postive ones from women.

5. bfrank

bfrank Member

It is absolutely not "wrong" for a man to wear a toe ring if he chooses to. Men wear rings on their fingers, why not on their toes? And as Barefoot-boy pointed out, straight men wear earrings all the time nowadays, whereas many years ago that would be looked upon as gay. Hey, it's strange enough to be barefoot in public in most places, so a toe ring's not going to make you look any stranger. In fact, it may very well have the opposite effect. The fact that you're wearing a toe ring sort of sends the message that you're barefoot on purpose - you didn't just forget your shoes, and you are proud of it.

Now having said all that, I choose not to wear toe rings. Not in any way because it might be looked at as "wrong," I just don't like covering any part of my foot, toes included. I've tried them and didn't like them. A toe ring is like a mini-shoe on my toe. But that's just me.

I do however wear ankle bracelets. I'm actually wearing one on each ankle right now. I feel they send the same message that I mentioned above - I'm barefoot on purpose and proud of it.

6. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

NO, no, no. Never is it wrong for men to wear toe rings. I've never ever had a negative comment about my toe ring(s) although I've had a very few negative remarks about being barefoot in the "wrong" places. But no one has ever said anything bad about my toe rings, or ankle bracelets, for that matter. In fact, I see young women and girls seemingly checking me out down there, and I do get the very occasional nice comment.

I encourage you to do it if you want, if wearing these does something for you, please do it. One thing I like, as someone else once said, a toe ring shows that our bareness is no mistake---means the rings and our feet are meant to be seen. Only problem might be finding rings which continue feeling nice. Can be a bit irriatating on the toe, at first, sometimes.

7. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

That's the message I was trying to give in my post above---being barefoot is no mistake. Maybe you're the one I was thinking of, a few years ago. Either way, it's meant to be seen.

And as usual, Barefoot Matthew makes good points too.

I've worn ankle bracelets for 17 years now, (close to the birth of our son) and toe rings for 6 years. Why did I wait so long? BTW, my 17 y/o wears a toe ring, and is barefoot a lot, and it started from me! Not pressuring him---wrong way to do things like that. He just does it, with my blessing.

8. Barefooten

Barefooten Member

Thanks guys I am going to buy toe rings now without a doubt. before I felt strange walking into a store and buying toe rings especially when they are from the women's clothing department. But now I will do it with ease and without uncertainty.
    Toe rings seem cool now that I know this!

9. 4peace

4peace Member

i think it's totaly ok and cool! :)

10. MyIndigoBlues

MyIndigoBlues Member

In my years in homo land, I have never once seen a gay man wearing a toe ring. I'm not sayin' that nobody does it, but it's definatly not a widespread gay fashion statement.
    Creating arbitrary gender rules over personal adornment is wrong, not toe rings on men. Actualy, it's a cool idea, do yer thing!

11. Frank

Frank Member

I wear a toering since 4 years and the worst reaction I got was a giggeling sister-in-law. Then there were 2 positive comments (from women) but manly no reaction. And there was a astonished stare from a tamil woman. In their culture married women wear a toering on foot, so I wasn't wondering why she looked so astonished.

I also saw several guys also wearing a toe ring. I only think that the thin silver toerings look quite feminin. That's why I wear a closed one with 4 mm width made of steel.

My wife didn't like it at first. But now she's used to it.

12. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

As a barefooter, I am surprised you give a f*ck what anyone thinks. We do not conform to mainstream society's rules anyway. BTW, I am a gay, 44 year old, nudist, barefooter and your original statement about toe rings is disturbing. I am so glad to see you have come around. Enjoy your life and live it as you please. The simple act of walking natually is frowned upon by mainstream society.

13. kissya

kissya Head Mistress

No....

14. Noic75

Noic75 Member

Nothing wrong about it at all.[​IMG]

15. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

:)

My boyfriend wears one.. gets comments on it all the time. Never bad.. people just seem to think it's silly.

It's a turn-on, I swear.

16. toeringguy

toeringguy Member

i never get any comments about mine, it just feels cool wearing them, i love it when i notice women looking at them, wondering what they're thinking, kind of a turn-on i guess.

17. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

That's what I notice. I never get comments about them, but I do notice a lot of attention from females, I'd say from about age 11 up. A pleasant surprise. Definitely checking it out, but never sure what they're thinking.

18. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

No doubt it's a turn-on, guys..! Well, to me at least.

:)

19. toeringguy

toeringguy Member

thanks madlizard, thats nice to hear, i wish there were more women like you lol

20. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

That's really cool to know that. I didn't think there was a female out there that gets turned on by a guy's feet!