Is it uncool to believe in God?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by MyWORDiTtruth, Oct 6, 2013.

1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

More than uncool, it is illogical and idiotic.

2. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

If you use your belief in god as an excuse to act like a dick, then it's "uncool." If you act like a decent human being while believing in god, then your belief in something that ridiculous is completely irrelevant to me.

3. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

I know, just being cool now, that your understanding of Elijah the earlier prophet of the messiah regards it ridiculous for any consideration.:sunny:

4. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Then what happened to you? Your vain master has you slinging muck thinking it uplifts!

I don't think you know the difference between grandiosity and grandeur. If you are god in progress, who or what instructs that progress?

5. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

One who knows it is right and just to point to a genocidal son murdering prick of a God and correctly name him so. Sure beats being a liar.

Regards
    DL

6. thedope

Do you believe in such things?

7. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

Everyone has their own beliefs so maybe we should just try and accept that and let it go.
    And I agree with the Victoria chick above in that

8. OddApple

OddApple Member

Gee, I guess I could speak my truth as I have experienced it without having to need all these arguments and justifications as well as insults to try and prove "I'm right! You're stupid!"

That's "uncool" "fool" and especially "weak sauce" to me. What exactly is supposed to be so fine about your mind that someone would not think it was a waste? I've had a life that has affirmed faith and the metaphysical for me plenty. Guess you have not? (Ahhhh ~ ahahaha!)

and really, you don't have to reply. It was a simple question each was invited to answer. Debates to me are what are a "waste of mind" and seem like just a kind of co-mutual mental masturbation for people who would be blessed if they had something better to do than try to hammer down for ALL what can't even be "hammered down" for the best of us as individuals ie just an excuse to trick people into letting one blab a lot and insult people. I got no time ~

9. thedope

We have all the time there is and in this venue our narrations based on our reflections are all there is. No one here makes it any less!

10. OddApple

OddApple Member

That's at least a thought provoking and interesring exercise of mind....instead of just plain provoking, by comparison. People like things to try and get our head around.

11. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

No, besides narrations there is the irrational imagination for therapy appeared to be the appearance for rational intentional Being. I have something for reading you don't have, someone else re-writing intentionally for somewhat more...:)

12. OddApple

OddApple Member

Bwaha! Ok, that one taketh a session of holy coffee and sacred weed to contemplate, which soundeth really good right now. Amen!

13. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

To read scriptures literally is to never know God. Literalists are idol worshipers of a Godinabook.

The point of saying it is to point out to those who believe in that prick as a good God, and loves him, that he is a prick and should not have any decent human following him.

Regards
    DL

14. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Like this otherness of un-appearing phenomena for the self-possiblities for self-fulfilled Intention (?)

http://www.greenpeace.org/canada/en/Blog/breaking-news-piracy-charges-against-the-arct/blog/47105/

Let the atheists dream evolution. Let the religious actualize God's intentions.:banghead:

15. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

You show a poor moral sense and ignore your duty to society if you do not fight the evil that religions do as we speak.

They are presently promoting the killing of gays in Uganda and children as witches in Africa. They are also actively mentally abusing their own children here in the West.

For evil to grow all we need do is nothing and that is what you propose.

I do hope you develop a social conscience.

Regards
    DL

16. thedope

You may have your point but it is lost on them. Idol worshipers do not worship god but are idol worshipers, so there is no prick! Your effort is like trying to bring truth to illusion to make the illusion real. The truth simply dispels illusions.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

So what are you doing about those issues involving witches and killing gays, GreatestIam? Painting with a bigger brush and condemn all christians on an hippieforum instead of actively doing what you preach about seems rather hypocritical.
    In fact, to me it seems like you are only spreading more evil by saying believing in a certain image of god equals being as bad as those gay bashers in Uganda.

18. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

We can... pray in church. At-least evil won't grow.

19. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Exactly why I give it and yes, it is lost on the majority of fools.

It feels so good though when a fool is tuned from his foolish belief.

Regards
    DL

20. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

If you recognize the evils that Christianity is doing, then the bit of evil that you wrongly identify in me just shows your foolish thinking.

Regards
    DL