Is it uncool to believe in God?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by MyWORDiTtruth, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I'm cool

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Okay compare that to, tell them I AM, I AM that I AM, tell them I am has sent you. Which of those is the god you refer to?

3. MyWORDiTtruth

MyWORDiTtruth Member

not sure what you are referring to, do you have a scripture so I can look it up? then I will give an answer

4. MyWORDiTtruth

MyWORDiTtruth Member

Ok, I looked it up.."I am" is God speaking in the first person about himself when speaking to Moses, so it is still the same God mentioned in the above scripture

5. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

If cool = popular, then believing in God is definitely cool considering as of 2012, 31.59% of the human population was Christian and 23.2% were Muslim. That's over half the population of the world right there believing in the same Abrahamic God and that is without including Jews and Baha'i who also believe in the same God. Hindus make up 15% and they believe in several Gods. By comparison only 11.67% of the population was without a religious belief, and only 23.11% of the world population is not Christian, Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist. This is according to the 2012 CIA World Fact Book.

6. thedope

Is it the same?
    Who is authority then, David or god? David is kind of a wacked out minstrel show don't you think? Psalms means praises and is men calling god names or giving god attributes. Perhaps king david was author of a few but that is debatable.
    I am is the first name we all inherit in creation being created in the likeness and image of god.

7. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

What is cool about believing in a God who used genocide on mankind and even selected his son to die for the forgiveness of sin when there was absolutely no moral reason to do so.

Is following such a prick what makes people cool nowadays?

Regards
    DL

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Without reading the rest of this thread (I will go back n read then.), around here, in one word- yes.

It's annoying too.

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Stop talking about A- the old testament and B- acting like everyone takes the Bible 100% literally.
    I am more of a spiritual person and believe that, in general, organized religion and Christians get in God's/Jesus's way.... however, seriously, the Christians I know are open-minded, loving people who would not harm a fly... and the God they worship and pray to is not a vengeful God but a God of love. They do not believe the things you are constantly talking about in the Bible are ...well, either to be taken literally or even, that certain things maybe shouldn't have even been put there...
    in any case, I'm not in this thread to argue or debate, but stop hating on other people's God or religion. It's unbecoming and vengeful. Worry about yourself.

10. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I know who to hate just as your God does. I wait till they are born and actually do something evil first though.

My soul is safe and you are a fool if you think you can divorce Jesus from the O T that he quoted and referred to often.

Like many Christians, you have cherry picked what you like and pretend that the rest does not belong there.

Your morals show it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4QXOgVfY9k&feature=player_embedded"]Jesus Christ: Madman or Something Worse? - YouTube

Do you even dare look at his and your morals?

Regards
    DL

11. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

MY morals?

Dude, you don't know me from a hole in the wall. Yeah....so, yes, what are these morals of MINE that you are judging? I guarantee you have no idea.

And I am not a Christian. I am just a defender of them. :)

(the addition- be careful talking of others morals and what they believe when you don't know them. as I said, I am not a Christian- which should be clear as we have posted in numerous threads together where I have stated that I do not believe Jesus is the only path to "Heaven" and I've also stated that I do not believe Jesus WANTED anyone to believe he was the only path to God... but that he CAN be a path and also that the Bible was written by man, so to be taken as a grain of salt. The Jesus I do like is the one I have gained by meditation and reading between the lines...actually just through spiritual practices.."the kingdom of Heaven is inside of you"...

that said... my morals? really? Well, I'm so glad to hear your soul is good. So is mine. In fact, it's never been better than it has been in the past couple years where I have learned- because of my toddler and spiritual practices to not seek things of this world... (the happiness of the moment, always being right, etc., etc.)-anyways, I don't need to explain myself to you but let's just say I am in peace and have left this world behind a while ago (I'm more of a Buddhist than anything- although like I said... I do dig the Jesus I personally believe in...not as THE savior, but a teacher.)---- oh, but one difference between me and you is... I don't spend my time trolling Christian forums telling them that they personally and their God are evil, terrible beings. That is so hateful. I live my life based on loved and tolerance and acceptance. And I guarantee the Jesus my mom worships is not evil. And I guarantee my mom does more good than you...trust me.

12. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Well you can also ask for your provocativeness whether this "Jesus" went into oblivion when He died or not. For the agnostic idea here there was the dated subject of whether he was a soull like any of us when We die?

And all of us were and are guilty enough to cause genocide as much as your Jesus. Surely you do not think Jesus's actions were worthy of such accusations. If He had a soul we shouldn't listen to it. On the other hand he sits on the right hand of God this very instant somewhere and everywhere.:2thumbsup:

13. thedope

Referred to often? You mean like no one puts new wine in old wine skins? Or, you have heard it said an eye for an eye but I say love your enemies and pray for those that persecute you? Or he was a liar from the beginning? You mean those kind of references?

Your souls disposition is equal to your disposition toward the least of these my brethren as you do unto them you do also to yourself.

14. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

:)

and see, those are the teachings that I see when I think of Jesus.

People love to talk about the evils of the Bible ---things that happened...when... in such a long ago time period that messed up stuff happened all the time (not that it doesn't now)... my point being is, a lot of it has nothing to do with Jesus or the real teachings...

and personally I don't understand why anyone cares enough to be so hateful anyways. For example, say my mom had a hard life... raised two kids by herself working three jobs a day while her ex did terrible things to her and she only had her kids to live for. She could have gotten depressed and gave up...but instead she gained religion. Since gaining religion she has lots of friends who are truly good people in the community and all here for each other...and they volunteer in the community... my mom has organized all kinds of charity events and traveled to Africa 7 times- not to to try to convert- but to aid a clean drinking water program.
    Meanwhile my cousin has came out as gay and his preacher father disowned him. Orignally. My mom got involved as mediator and also took my cousin in for a while. And she worked with my cousin's church about teaching acceptance in the older generation. It worked and my family is now intact and my cousin happy. His partner and my uncle even get along well and all go to that church together.
    Those are just small examples. My mom also travels to India and works at an orphanage. In any case, my point is... the Jesus that my mom believes in is a Jesus of love, action and acceptance.
    Maybe you don't believe in that Jesus (greateriam)....but what I'm asking you is...how can you be so hateful and negative to try to deny anyone else what works for them, as long as they are acting from a positive space and a place of love? That would take so much energy... and, in the case of my mom...why try to break a person by telling them that what they base their life on is wrong? Even if she's misguided, isn't she happy and doing good in the world?

15. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

People have evolved a lot since then that's for sure. I just think it's odd the folks who compiled the New Testament didn't do so until 50 to 150 years after Jesus had died. Probably because they were hiding from the Romans, but that's quite a stretch of time you could easily forget exactly how events unfolded, if they were even there.

16. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Seems you prefer to go about defending a genocidal son murdering God.

Shame on you and your morals.

If you like the Eastern religions then defend them the way a good person would and not the most immoral God on offer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI"]God on Trial: The Verdict - YouTube

How do you like the way the God/Jesus dealt with King David's baby?

Try to defend the morality behind that or if you prefer to hide behind the so called new covenant then try to justify Jesus' divorce law. It is completely anti-love and you cannot justify it.

If you do not care about your morals or the God's ones that you follow then you are not much of a person.

Regards
    DL

17. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Talk of all the un-provable shit you want as you run from discussions of the morals you follow. How like the usual Christian.

You know that your religion has compromised your morals and are not person enough to care.

Satan loves those of your ilk.

Regards
    DL

18. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Let us pray that that be true. I will stand before God, you will not.

Regards
    DL

19. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Let us ignore all kinds of evil so that your people can continue to lie to themselves and live a lie.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists as well as those who do not believe. They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief or not. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic are evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48b_1185215493

Death to Gays.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Zg_BVzw&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Zg_BVzw&feature=related

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
    Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
    DL

20. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJgvws0ZYUE"]Caesar's Messiah Promo - YouTube

Why would they hide from the Roman when the Romans wrote what they believed?

Constantine forced the Trinity concept down the churches throat by rigging the vote. He planned to be the next Jesus God/Man. They have shown the reality of this truth by the way he built his triumphal arch.

Regards
    DL