Is it uncool to believe in God?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by MyWORDiTtruth, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

If you want my honest answer then here it is. I say neither, I say each interpretation of Jesus has merits toward what I personally see as the greater understanding. In fact I would go so far as to say that neither Jesus is different at all. I think that it is simply the interpretation of him, his death, and his teachings that has changed throughout the ages. Mankind has always sought something, someone, and in Jesus some feel as though they have found what they sought. If you read the teachings of Christ and put a little thought into what he said it is clearly feasible to think that he wanted us to save ourselves.

2. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

That is what I did.

I read your conclusion as, they are both good but the one not taught by the church is better.

I agree.

Regards
    DL

3. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

What about this one: not taught by the church. Christians are enjoying; Right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EepSTtBiXQ"]D.O.A. - "That's Why I'm an Atheist" Sudden Death Records - YouTube:dizzy2:

4. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Are they?

Regards
    DL

5. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

*wow*

6. OddApple

OddApple Member

To believe in G-d is the absolute coolest of things.
    It's the G-d one believes in that creeps some people out.

7. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

hahahaha, I love it. hahaha :sunny:

I had to read that twice because when I first read it I thought it said "It's the one G-d believes in that creeps people out". But it's still funny either way.

8. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

I believe...

9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

It's a hard question to answer, because "cool" and "popular" are relative to particular social contexts. Here in the Bible Belt, believing in God is cool--not believing is uncool, although there are a pretty active atheist subcultures in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, in reaction to the dominant hyper-christian culture. Christian youth are really into the Christian rock scene, which they consider to be cool. I'd say that being too concerned with being cool is a form of idolatry, although God is definitely the coolest Thing in the
    mutiverse.

10. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

To some people

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The cool thing to do is to make up your own mind. If you feel you believe in (a) God does it sound cool to you to lie about that? :p