Is it true that u can't be prosecuted if...

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by bertrose, May 21, 2004.

1. bertrose

bertrose Member

You fail a drug test? someone told me that the only way u can get into trouble is if they find u with possession...drugs tests are only for like jobs and schools to see if that person has been smoking, then they get dropped or fired or whatever...but it sounds like they can't do it, because they need proof of actual possession of marijuana or witnessed smoking it...

So, does anyone know about this?

peace

2. chris

chris Member

i kno nothing abuot the law int his case but wouldnt THC in your blood be proof that you smoked it?

but then again the tests might only be private for corporations and such, piss policing seems kinda against privacy if the state does it mandatoraly

but then again the school is govt funded so it shouldnt be able to according to that reasoning

id like to c an answer too

3. bertrose

bertrose Member

For one, i don't think those tests are 100% accurate...so u can't really be proven that ur smoking from those tests alone...but i dunno...

4. nesta

nesta Banned

in most cases you won't get in any legal trouble (of course other trouble is always possible:p). the results may be different if its done by your school, if its a salival test performed by a cop that has pulled you over on traffic violations, or if you're on probation. otherwise you -probably- dont have much to worry about.

5. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

i think a hair test would be better...... I mean, in a court sense

6. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

No you wouldn't be prosecuted unless you were placed in probation and failed one of their tests then you would get what is called a "violation"

7. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

California, at least, has a DWI law (not a DUI law) that covers all drugs so failing a drugtest has the same implications as failing a breathalayzer.

8. Cosmo4

Cosmo4 Member

That reminds me - my boss at work found out that I smoke today..and he just said not to bring it to work and there won't be any problems! Lucky me! [​IMG]

9. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

I'm not totally sure, but my friend was on this diversion program and the gov. was giving him UA's and he always had pot in it and they never did anything about it. They just told him to stop smoking and thats it. Except they found coke in his UA and he had to go to juvie because they said that's a felony UA. Weird shit.

10. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

The way I hear it, no they can't bust you if they just find you've been smoking, as opposed to actually possessing pot. It possibly can get a bad mark on your record, I think, but nothing more.

11. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

You can't get arrested for failing a drug test, but they can still fire, or not hire, your ass.

12. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Driving while intoxicated, people. Not to mention public intoxication. Both get you thrown in the drunk tank.

13. Velouria

Velouria Member

I used to be in mock trial and we were discussing this with the lawyer that led our team one day. His exact words were "It's legal to smoke pot, just not to possess it"

14. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

yeah is being high a crime?

i dont think it is...and if it isnt proving that you were high won't do anything...

but seriously, if you're walking down the street high and a cop gives you a blood test or something, can you get in trouble, assuming you dont have pot or paraphanaila on you...

im under the impression you cant

15. bertrose

bertrose Member

My pot smoking debate friend said u have to have possession of pot, if they don't find u with pot but suspect u have been smoking it they won't do anything to u. she also said, "u can go to a cop and say, i smoke pot, and they can't do anything to u unless they find pot on u"

16. characterzero

characterzero Member

only if you're over 16, if you're under 16 in new york the police can choose to bring you home to your parents even if you dont have posession

17. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Um, what if they're bald? Ever think about that Kim?

-Peace

18. Bill

Bill Member

I used to work at the state pen. There were alot of guys doing time for internal possession. Check your stste laws.

19. FTNW

FTNW Member

Sounds like a question I'd ask here.....

>>Link<<

But be nice they know where you live!!

20. toastysmurf55

toastysmurf55 Member

Word, but if u tell a cop u smoke the reefer then they can use it as probable casue to search ur ass.