Is it time to talk about guns?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Mar 24, 2021.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You can't expect to be successful bringing an m249 to a drone fight. If the military wanted to take this country over--it would happen.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed and Confused Staff Member Super Moderator

Again we come to the "they want to confiscate each and every gun in the world". No, just some of the more lethal privately owned guns which have little practical use other than killing people in mass.

It does make sense to ban certain guns from public use as guns in a Democratic Republic should never be used to fight government corruption. That is the role of the media, laws, legislators, the court system, voters, , education, and honest honorable citizens.

No one is talking about disarming the military.

The police are part of the government.

What are you talking about in regards to a 95% population reduction?

Balbus and granite45 like this.
  3. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

The media, laws, legislators and educational system is part of the corruption, so good luck with that I guess. Honest honorable citizens are few and far between, most just vote for demagogues.

A lot of illegal guns that criminals use are military surplus, so you'd have to disarm all militaries in the world in order to ensure that criminals don't have guns. Not to mention that many militaries in of themself are criminal, so banning guns from civies but not the military doesn't really make sense from that point of view. For every school shooting there are hundreds of times more deaths from military conflicts worldwide, but since its all part of the plan (status quo) most people don't really complain as much about it.

Our government is controlled by the same people that want 95% population reduction.

They already don't give us much privacy but what if one day they decide to go door to door putting nanochips in everyone? With no guns who is gonna stop them? Although nowadays most people are so domesticated they'd go along with it even if they did have guns. What is to stop the corrupt government officials from creating a capitalist dystopia and forcing everyone to work in cubicles as slaves of capitalism, mandatory nanochips and whatever else they want to do.

4. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

Give the militia drones then. Weapon classification would depend on citizen status, for instance if the government got too corrupt then the elites could help assist the rebellion.

5. MeAgain

So, in your opinion the only non corrupt individuals including unarmed private citizens, are private citizens with guns?
    First of all no one is talking about banning all guns from civilian use. I have no idea where you came up with that.
    Second many militaries are not criminal.
    Third, I know of lots of people who complain about wars.
    Fourth just becasue some criminals may have gotten hold of ex military arms doesn't mean something can't be done about it.
    Really? What government are you talking about?
    Who are the people controlling it?
    Where did you find this information?
    What if my aunt was my uncle?
    If someone tries to legislate implanted nano chips in everyone I suppose the legislature,the free press, peaceful demonstrations, the ballot box, the court system, etc. would be the ones to stop it. Not someone with a gun trying to stop one of these with a AR 15.

[​IMG]

6. MeAgain

Don't forget hydrogen bombs and a couple of these:

[​IMG]

7. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

The human species is the most destructive, and self destructive species on earth. Wantonly killing for the joy of killing.

scratcho likes this.
  8. Balbus

Balbus Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, there are two ways to deal with that – wipe out the whole of the human race – or try to put mechanisms in place to try and mitigate and lessen the damage.

In relation to limiting the number of gun related deaths in the US then you can either wipe out every American (men, women and children, the innocent and guilty, the aggressive and the pacifists) or try and bring in gun control measures

I mean for fuck sake

Sorry but to me to just throwing up your arms and crying ‘humans are killers’ is a cop out – oh humans are killers so nothing can be done or should be done because you know humans are killers so there is no point – let them die let the killing continue because humans are killers.

Really if would be just for the best if the people that think these things would just kill themselves and let those that would like to build a better future get on with it, because if you are not willing to help then you are just in the way.

Sorry it gets to me sometimes

9. Balbus

Scratcho

Yes I always want to hold on to the hope

Oh i'm just been grouchy

scratcho likes this.
  10. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Don’t know if that’s directed at me, but I was stating a fact.

11. Balbus

Flag

And my point was that you can either – try and wipe out the whole of the human race – do nothing - or try to put mechanisms in place to try and mitigate and lessen the damage.

Which would you prefer

Given the context that this is about bringing in gun control measures

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  12. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

So,,, prohibition isn't effective then?
    People still want their fix?
    Go out of their ways to find or develop alternative compounds to get their rocks off?

Hmmmm

13. wrat1

wrat1 Members

14 Animals That Kill For No Reason (ranker.com)
    Over centuries of study, scientists have found animals use tools like humans, animals use disguises like humans, and now we know that they sometimes kill for fun like humans, too. By fun, we mean they don't do it over territorial disputes, in self-defense, to get food, or to move up in the pack hierarchy. These animals kill for apparently no reason whatsoever. And here's a little spoiler: some of them might be living in your house right now.

noodist_jen likes this.
  14. noodist_jen

noodist_jen Member

I don't have time to reply to these 'wall of texts,' and when you say that my posts are 'confusing,' I can't help you with that. I write in plain English, and I'm very concise in my writing, so when you say you "don't understand" my points, I have to suspect that you're using subterfuge techniques... or you're genuinely stupid. But I don't think you are. You're just trying to make me (us) look stupid. This forum is overwhelmingly liberal, so by all means, keep 'preaching to the choir.' Happy Easter!

15. noodist_jen

noodist_jen Member

16. noodist_jen

noodist_jen Member

Gun control is about as effective as Prohibition was.

sherman march and JudeLawless like this.
  17. noodist_jen

noodist_jen Member

There you go, saying, "You seem..." Quoting Wrat, nonetheless. Putting words in other people's mouths, and attributing your own prejudices toward him. I'm NOT SORRY to say, that your methods of 'brainwashing' are very obvious, which I also find rather distasteful.

JudeLawless, Mallyboppa and wrat1 like this.
  18. noodist_jen

noodist_jen Member

Deaths related to DUI, far exceed all gun deaths, worldwide... so let's make alcohol illegal. Oh, we tried that 100 years ago. It only made matters worse. By all means then, let's try the same approach with guns!

JudeLawless and wrat1 like this.
  19. MeAgain

Arms control dates back to the Roman Republic where arms were forbidden below the Rubicon. Julius Caesar's defiance of this law led to the fall of the Roman Republic.
    England and Japan have had arms control since at least the1500s. Both have very low rates of gun deaths.
    Gun control has been tightened in both England and Australia lately:
    Likewise stiffer gun control in Canada has reduced deaths by firearms, although it's gun laws are hampered by the flow of weapons from the U.S.
    The American colonies had numerous gun control laws.
    The U.S. National Firearms Act of 1934 effectively removed automatic weapons from the public and with it deaths by those weapons.
    And so on.

The point in the U.S. is that are there so many loop holes in currant gun laws that those in effect, except for the 1934 law, are undermined. And even the '34 law is superseded by bump stocks and large capacity magazines.
    In addition equating prohibition with gun violence is a non sequitur.

20. Balbus

Jen

When I say your posts are confusing it is often because you don’t take the effort to explain and when asked refuse to answer questions that might clarify things. All we seem to get (as you do here) is you telling us you can’t be bothered to reply.

To take just one example

You said - You just want to make us even more 'overwhelmed' when you take us over

But who are the ‘us’ in that and who is supposedly taking over?

Do you see how your statement rather than been plain and concise is in fact opaque

So maybe you could start by answering those two simple questions?