Is it time to talk about guns?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Mar 24, 2021.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

283352236_10159001565288869_602984217413487422_n.jpg

Not sure I want to return to the USA... not these days.

Someone just reported here on HipForums that vigilantes in Colorado are hunting for Rainbow family members on their way to the gathering.

2. mcme

mcme lurker

3. mcme

mcme lurker

4. mcme

mcme lurker

5. mcme

mcme lurker

I refuse to believe that report without evidence and imagine it's far more likely that the the need to feel victimized is once again outstripping actual victimization in our country.

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Too bad that isn't true.
    And of course the Republicans criticized him and any other Democrat who dared to "use" this incident to "push their agenda".

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  7. MeAgain

8. MeAgain

9. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The gun people’s arguments would flunk any logic test at any school in the country. That’s because the arguments are neither logical nor rational.

When . I was growing up my father and I both hunted and had a number of guns. Then one day there was some minor ruckus in the neighborhood and my father walked out the door with his 357 magnum on his hip…I remember a strange look on his face…a look of power intimidation and threat as I now know. And that’s what all the gun rattling boils down to…power, intimidation, control and threat. That’s why innocent lives being lost, logic, and honest arguments sway neither the gun extremists nor the politicians they have purchased

scratcho, MeAgain and Flagme15 like this.
  10. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

There is no solution. That horse done left the barn a long time ago. How many million AR's are out there in the US now? How many billions of rounds?

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  11. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

What's your point? Just get rid of the police?
    People who think a gun solves all problems, are woefully ignorant.

12. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

The poor cops are so woefully outgunned by shitbags. I can't tell you how glad I was to hear my son the under paid under appreciated cop got issued an AR mounted in his trunk. I pray for him every single day even though he shoots 98% on the range....

13. MeAgain

When they were outgunned in the 30s laws were passed to virtually eliminate automatic weapons.

Piobaire and Tyrsonswood like this.
  14. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

I believe that cartoon is a joke @mcme ...

mcme likes this.
  15. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I'm glad they changed his service gun from a .45 to 9mm.....at least there are 15 shots in the clip. This is the directive...."continue fire at the suspect until they drop and are no longer a threat, use another clip if necessary"

16. MeAgain

[​IMG]
    They changed whose gun?

scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  17. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

My son the cop. Dunno why they would have gone with .45's....maybe they were expecting to encounter an elephant or rhino.

18. MeAgain

Prior to the .45 or 9mm police used revolvers, .357s at the end. Automatics were considered unreliable and expensive. Then at a shoot out in 1986 two men outgunned 14 FBI agents, 8 actually returned fire.
    After this it was determined that their .357s, and .38s were inadequate and automatics were recommended.

19. sureño

sureño Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I am from the southernmost country in the Americas. I visited USA (Virginia and around)a few years ago. I was surprised by the gun culture that the people there have. Guns seem to be a national sport. Even my sweet and lovely friend liked to collect weapons and go shooting practice. I think it's something cultural and strongly rooted. Something similar happens in my country, but with football(soccer for Americans), which is less dangerous of course.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    MeAgain likes this.
  20. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

Are you referring to this 1986 FBI Miami shootout - Wikipedia

The shootout involved 10 people; two suspects and eight FBI agents. Of the 10, only one, Special Agent Manauzzi, did not fire any shots (his firearm was thrown from the car in the initial collision), while only one, Special Agent Risner, was able to emerge from the battle without a wound. The incident lasted under five minutes yet approximately 145 shots were exchanged.[13][14]