Is it time to talk about guns?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Because people who think with their "lizard brains" tend to beat their spouses, drive other cars off the road, and shoot up FedEx facilities. While the limbic system has it's purpose, hopefully most of us have evolved sufficiently over the past 100,000 years to rely more upon our cerebral cortexes. It's not like we have to constantly defend against saber-toothed tigers with sharpened sticks any more.

Then at least try to learn learn the difference between an unbiased reliable source and crap like you post to support your poorly informed confirmation biases (in this case, you're first hint should've been the frequent use of the disparaging term "gun grabbers" in the text).
    You might also try to at least have the courtesy to the group to reduce your use of cryptic ad hominems, and use a spell-checker.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  2. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

Complete nonsense.

Its not an ad hom because its a very white mindset to feel shame about human nature and try to divorce yourself from it. Some whites want to literally become robots and live in lala land. Me personally I just want to become cyborg, robot is too much. Its a white condition to want to completely separate from lizard brain and nature, and try to become something else. Whites and jews shouldn't even be here in the first place and the whites and jews in power completely wreck and legislate against human nature itself, wanting to live in some kind of bubble reality and not even one speck of dirt. Leftist whites completely trample over any non-white sentiments and want everyone to conform to their white washed vision of how things should be. You are so entrapped in the white paradigm that you can't even see how your exaggerated analysis of the lizard brain comes off as ridiculous and hyperbolic. Same white washed instincts of pathological altruism and such other nonsense forced down our throats by white and jew politicians on a daily basis. Blaming every random crime on lizard brain is complete and utter hyperbole and you know it.

Another thing is that article i posted said both sides of the story, claimed some scholars put a different ratio of self defense amounts but w.e.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Antisemitic bigots who want to be cyborgs don't get to lecture me on what constitutes "complete nonsense."

soulpoker and Tyrsonswood like this.
  4. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

I'd say ur the bigot, annoying white person who's given me nothing but a hard time and been a general nuisance. Whites and jews are an invasive species and should have stayed in their respective countries, but instead decide to spread across the globe like some kind of virus spreading their westernized values everywhere they go. Its like a tag team of whites and their zio bretheren using moral manipulation and pathological altruism to guilt everyone into submission.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

You should be careful no one flames your ass with their secret Jewish space lasers.
    161098793_10222148574122356_4832049748053931185_o.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    snowtiggernd likes this.
  6. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

Information for you all, -

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/05/gun-crime-is-a-made-up-word-from-the-anti-gun-world-here-are-the-real-numbers/#axzz6shBi8sKQ

When we talk about firearms,there is a LOT of misinformation and … outright lies told by the gun grabbing left.

For the left gun control is a means to an end, a way to gain power. Not to save lives. This is one of the reasons their programs fail. They don’t want to stop shootings but use them to retain power.

Here are the facts they choose to ignore. Facts YOU can use.
    There are approximately 120,000,000 gun owners in the US. We are the majority of voting adults.

53% of all shootings are by black men under 30. So, 3% of the US population does more than ½ the killing. 83% of all shootings are gang and drug-related.

Only about 7% of all shootings from a rifle or shotgun and less than 40% of that 7% involve Modern Sporting Rifles.

The U.S. ranks 11th in mass shootings for industrialized nations. 50% of the counties in the US will not have a murder within their boundary. 2% of the counties had 53% of all the murders in the U.S.

Both Japan and Korea have much higher suicide rates than the US. Both nations virtually ban private gun ownership. 75% of all gun deaths are attributed to suicide. Guns are not the cause, just the means.

An Obama administration study showed guns are used over 500,000 time a year to save a life or prevent crime or assault.

U.S. Numbers
    • Total Number of gun deaths: 38,000
    • Suicides: 28,500
    • Gang and Drug: 7,885
    • Remaining: 1,615
    If not for gangs and drugs, the number of murders by guns is below 1,700 in a country of 330,000,000 people. Remove the gangs and drugs, and the US is one of the SAFEST countries in the world.

So fellow firearms owners – here are facts – the REAL facts

You’re reading this online, so share it. SHIFT the paradigm. For the left to face the reality that gun ownership is not the cause of violence. It is the left’s failed social programs of welfare that destroys families, and open borders that bring in opioids that destroys lives, that are the real cause of gun deaths.

Use these facts, fight for our rights with EDUCATION and the TRUTH!

We have a country to save.

Oh, where did I get these facts? The FBI unified crime report. They’re all there for ANYONE to see.
    Also check out the Crime Prevention Research Center.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Running Horse and noodist_jen like this.
  7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I couldn't verify the 120,000,000 gun owners in the U.S.
    Here's what I found.
    ...about 72 million people.
    ...about 90 million (30%).
    ...about 96 million (32%).
    Being only 32% of the population I don't know where the "majority of voting adults" came from. I would guess it would depend on what election you are talking about, who is voting, etc.

I don't know that 3% of the US population does more than ½ the killing, etc. is relevant.
    For example, if ten people kill one person apiece with a single shot weapon and one person kills ten people with a multiple shot weapon one person is doing a larger percent of the killing. So what? The question becomes what if we arm that 3% with fully automatic or assault weapons? Also if guns are registered and controlled we can possibly be more effective in keeping more guns out of the hands of that 3%.

I don't know what a sporting rifle is, but when you say that only 7% of all shooting involve a rifle or shotgun you aren't supplying any data as to how many people were killed in what amount of time with those rifles, shotguns, or "sporting rifles" (whatever they are) verses the other 93%. In other words did the 93% occur over ten years and involve a single death each time verses a mass killing or two by far fewer individuals that made up the 7% in the same amount of time.
    This is important becasue we aren't talking about taking away all guns, just the highly lethal ones that have no legitimate use.

The ranking of the U.S. as 11th in the world for mas shootings is questionable. Where did you get this data?
    Mass shootings are defined differently by different countries, agencies, and researchers.
    Some include shootings resulting from police action, terrorism, military deserters, and robberies.
    We also have to consider whether the other countries have similar educational levels, economic and jobless rates, poverty, lawlessness, etc.
    Regardless, the question is do we have too many mass shootings?

I don't know that 2% of the counties have 53% of murders means anything in regards to gun legislation. Why do they would be a more accurate question? Who is killing whom, how, why, and how available are guns in those counties, if the killings are being done by guns?

I don't know that suicide rates are relevant when we talk about mass killings.

The 2013 Obama direct CDC report was run by the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council. Mainly it found that more research needs to be done.
    Further the 500,000 figure actually ranges from 500,000 to 108,000. It states that a more important figure is how effective is a gun used in defense in preventing injury. It found guns were more effective than other means of defense, which it does not outline. I find this mostly meaningless as we all know a gun is more useful than an attempted punch to the head. The question remains what would have happened if no defensive measures were taken, in other words you just give the guy your wallet instead of trying to punch him in the head.
    It goes on..
    And if we continue reading...
    Lastly the total number of gun deaths is certainly something to consider. But we are mostly talking about mass shootings with assault style weapons. As of April 16, 2012 we have had 30 people killed and 7 wounded in mass shootings. I don't know how many other gun deaths occurred during that time period.
    And remember we are talking about removing the most lethal weapons that have no practical purpose from the hands of the public, not all guns.
    I'll include the chart below illustrating the number of dead and wounded that one 64 year old man caused in ten minutes to show what I am talking about. And please remember the ten minute time period included bursts of fire, not continuous. If he had used continuous fire the rate of death and injury would have been much greater.
    At the top are the dead, followed by the wounded.
    58 dead, 411 wounded by bullets or shrapnel.
    The chart doesn't show the other 456 related injuries.
    That's 925 deaths and injuries in under ten minutes by one armed man or 92.5 per minute, or over 1.5 per second.

Damn...my chart won't post as apparently the software won't let me post 468 images (one per person) at one time!

[​IMG]

Balbus and granite45 like this.
  8. GeorgiaRhythm

GeorgiaRhythm Members

I think it's way past time to do MORE than just talk about them.

granite45 likes this.
  9. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

It is an entirely fictitious nonsensical concept concocted by the NRA to make the AR-15 and it's clones sound less murderous and more socially acceptable.
    There is one, and ONLY one, difference between an AR-15 and an M-16; the latter can be fired fully automatic, by flipping the 'Safety" to a third detent. The former is semi-automatic, and will only fire as fast as you can pull the trigger (go ahead; "pew pew pew" an air AR-15 against the clock for a moment). In 2019, some knucklehead in Dayton, Ohio opened fire with an AR-15. Police shot him dead in 32 seconds. In those 32 seconds, he shot 26 people, with a semi-auto. As a medic I can assure you that none of those gunshot wounds could be distinguished from those of an M-16, and having fired both, I doubt he could've done more mayhem with the full auto version. Nit-picking over full and semi auto is nothing more than self-serving sophistic pedantry.
    To ice this cake, the AR-15 was designed by Eugene Stoner as an assault weapon for the U.S. military. It was conceptualized as an assault rifle, developed as an assault rifle, and marketed to the DoD as an assault rifle. Eugene Stoner never owned an AR-15, because it was an assault rifle, and he did not believe that assault rifles belonged in civilian hands.
    Saying that a weapon specifically designed from the ground up to hunt human beings is a "sporting rifle" simply so you can market a mass-murder machine to a civilian market is one of the most evil lies of the 20th century, and people who promulgate such lies are fucking liars.

MeAgain, granite45 and Tyrsonswood like this.
  10. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Toe

I’m finding your posts rather perplexing as you don’t seem to be answering the questions asked of you or entering into genuine debate

I’m not going to cover the veracity of the information (I think MeAgain has covered that) but look at the attidutes the post expresses.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Toe

Sorry but this sounds a lot like right wing conspiracy theory paranoia, and again it comes back to fear, the fear of somehow been under attack, in this case from lefties with some supposedly hidden agenda.

What do you think ‘the left’ are aiming for? What power do they want and what do you think they want it for and how does gun control supposedly help them?

What evidence do you have for thinking gun control is a left-wing conspiracy to gain and retain power?

Do you honestly believe its all some evil plot?

Because that’s what it sounds like and I’d really like to know why?

MeAgain likes this.
  13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

toe

In another gun relted debate I had one person tell me that they were not interested in gun control because they believed that most gun related deaths involved black or brown criminals and he was quite happy to see such people die.

But as I asked then - were such people born criminals.

If you had read this thread you would know that the main aim of gun control is to try and lessen the possibility of guns falling into the hands of the irresponsible and criminal.

But it is also understood that tackling the US gun issue is not just about gun control measures it is about looking at tackling crime in a different way by looking at and addressing the cause of crime rather than the symptoms

For example - If criminality and the violence that comes with it are the result of current drug policies then change the drug policies so that it reduces or stops creating criminal activity.

And also ask why are people turning to criminality, have they education, have they hope, have they employment?

MeAgain likes this.
  14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Toe

And back to the left bashing

What welfare programmes have destroyed families?

The opioids problem the US is facing is the result of home-grown capitalist greed why do you think it came from abroad?

The US has one of the least generous welfare systems amongst the wealthiest nations (especially with its lack of universal healthcare) I mean take my comparison between London and Philadelphia above –

The UK has a more generous welfare system and universal healthcare but no easy access to guns result - far far less gun related deaths

The US has a much less generous welfare system and no universal healthcare but does have easy of access to guns - result far far mores gun related deaths

Question are gun related deaths the result of too generous welfare programmes or ease of access to guns?

Piobaire and MeAgain like this.
  15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Toe

How does gun ownership ‘save’ your country from its many problems – does gun ownership help with the US crumbling infrastructure, does gun ownership help tackle poverty, does gun ownership help drug addiction, does gun ownership help with gaining people the healthcare they need….and so on and so on

Please how does gun ownership help with any of your country’s problems?

Piobaire and MeAgain like this.
  16. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

America is dogwater/dogs--t. You seriously think whites and jews are somehow not responsible for this? Get your head out your a--.

So I can blame whites all day long, but can't blame your precious jews? Have to pretend they have no power and influence or responsibility whatsoever...

So like if whites go to africa as missionaries, spread a religion made by jews, and do terrible s--t, thats solely whites acting like a virus, 0 blame or responsibility on the jews that made up the religion in the first place.

Its just social brainwashing saying its okay to criticize whites all day long, but jews are a protected class that cannot ever be criticized.

We live in a ZOG (zionist occupied government.) If a nation is occupied by Nazis and the Nazis make us work long hours like 12 hours a day, and gives us s--t lives we are free to complain. But if our nation is occupied by Ashkenazis and our economy is ruined by Ashkenazis we are not allowed to say one word of criticism about it.

If I simply say the fact I get flak. If I simply say that whites and jews are an invasive species (an objective actual natural fact) I get flak. This is a post-truth society where political correctness has more value than truth. Saying simple facts of life and darwinian facts is automatically viewed as racism.

Here is an example, lets say America goes to war with some country, lets say Canada. Would it be racist to say we are at war with Canadians? Just because Canadians attack our nation doesn't mean I hate or am racist of Canadians. So its similar to saying how we live in a zionist occupied government. I'd have sex with hot canadians same as I'd have sex with Wonder woman, who is a jew. Not racist of jews, if a jew is anti-circumcision and anti-zionism I'd shake their hand.

People take this racist thing way too out of context. For instance I believe military action should be taken against those who cut down the Amazon rainforest. I think Jeff Bezos should buy a bunch of planes and tanks and bomb those who cut down the rainforest since their business is named Amazon anyway. And people would be like "oh those poor brown people". Telling me I cant do anything about the rainforest because they arent the same color as me. F--k em and f--k off. This day and age everything is racist. If whites are responsible for cutting down the rainforest they should be punished as well. I also blamed whites for the sh-t show in America and tried to be fair and just, did absolutely nothing morally wrong yet get attacked by cuck minded idealogy.

17. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

"Gun Crime" is a Made Up Word from the Anti-Gun World, Get the Real Numbers

18. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

Yes I always thought the AR stood for Assault Rifle but then I found out maybe it stands for Armalite Rifle.

Has anyone actually fact-checked that Eugene actually never wanted us to have AR-15s? "The family spoke on condition of anonymity and didn’t make any calls for bans or other changes to U.S. law. They claimed that Stoner was a hunter and skeet shooter, but that he did not own one of his creations and intended it only for military sales." Sounds a bit sus, how do we know this is actually legitimate.

If Eugene doesn't want us to have it thats fine we can just have ak-47s instead.

19. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Thing is that if you have a mentality that feels that intimidation (the threat or use of violence) is a legitimate means of control then you are likely to see guns as useful tools.

But such a mentality is likely to colour your view of the world, be it in personal relationships, work and even politics, and you are also likely to see others as having the same mentality, so any push back can be seen as the ‘other’ trying to get control over you.

For example such a person is likely to be assertive even aggressively assertive in a domestic situation that attitude is more likely to heighten confrontation and if that person has easy access to guns then the results are more likely to be catastrophic (and such a person is likely to want a gun).

This has also been seen in police interactions where police officers who feel intimidation is the best way of controlling a situation are more likely to pull a gun and act in an aggressively assertive way and take any push back as an undermining of their authority making them feel more intimidation is needed to get the control back. Again, heightening a confrontation with an increased risk of having a bad outcome.

And so we come to politics if you are of a mentality of intimidation its possible that in the end it doesn’t matter what are the better arguments or policies or even the democratic vote but comes down to the threat or use of violence to get what you want.

And in the gun control debate I think people with this mentality see any call for regulations as a push back to gain control by the other side – in the sense that if we do not have the means to intimidate you and so control what you do then you will intimidate us into doing things, we don’t want.

It turns into a conspiracy to gain control rather than been about the better arguments or policies or the number of people wishing for change.

20. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member