Is it really true that the scottish hate the english & vice versa?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by theaveragejoe23, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OztB98Odm1M"]Neil Hannon - My Lovely Horse (on piano) - YouTube

2. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

I really didn't enjoy it,

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It's a cover of father Ted's song for the Eurovision songcontest. Not necessarily ment to move you (except perhaps your laughing muscles).

4. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

It was so awkward.
    Yes funny.

5. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

My favorite Father Ted episode was when he raffled off the Dancing Father's car!

Though they were all good!

6. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

The Caravan Holiday cracks me up every time. Ted trying to explain the concept of size & relative distance to Dougal..."This (model Cow) is close but that one (real Cow) is far away"! And ,of course,the Manic Irish Dancing Priest.

But in a show full of genius,Mrs Doyle takes the crown for me.

7. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

[ame]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqgkZDbe4XkBut back to the op,this is Rentons take on the Scots.

I rest my case.

8. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Not to take the thread back off subject, but I forgot one of my favorite of all speeches in Father Ted----when the visiting Bishop (or high ranking priest or whoever) asks Dougal if he has any problems with his religion---and he goes off with, "You know how..." and proceeds to summarize the whole Christian doctrine, to end with, "...that 's what I have trouble with." (and of course leaving the visitor in deep thought, after which he renounces the church and runs off with some pot smoking hippies).

That was comedic genius.

9. roamy

roamy Senior Member

gobless bless michael collins.up the rebels! cork are in the allireland final again this year maura in the hurling.they'll be playing clare.the crack a the ash ha! ha! i'd say cork will walk it.:love:

10. mvmcd1950

mvmcd1950 mvmcd1950

hi roamy.. i'll pass on that info to my son.. he's in cologne, germany, & the irish diaspora there gather in 'the corconian' to watch the matches.. wherever you go in the world the irish pub is the place where the expats of all nationalities gather.. is cork home to you?