is it really a myth

Discussion in 'MDMA - X' started by curdled, Jan 2, 2005.

1. curdled

curdled Member

I remember hearing that E drains ur spinal fluid or something in many places, and then on some websites I read that that is just a myth and something people say because they don't want you doing it...

...but there's got to be some truth to it... I mean it can't JUST dehydrate you... I know people who've taken it who have lots of back problems and they say its because of the E... so how does E effect your spine then?

...and also, it must do something with ur nerve receptors or something because people who do it regularly also have shaky hands or numb hands... does anyone have any information on this? I just want the truth, not biased information on this drug.

2. SpidermanUFO's

SpidermanUFO's Member

"If in doubt, doubt it." Don't believe everything you hear, in fact dont believe in anything.

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

MDMA is a chemical that prevents the reuptake of N5 (serotonin)
    It has no impact on nerve cells in the back or anywhere else in the body... similar things were said about LSD in the 60's by people who had equally little idea what they were talking about.

for a detailed explination of the way MDMA acts check out this slideshow.

http://www.dancesafe.org/slideshow/slide1.html

4. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

5. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Member

I've heard something similar to that.. but I'm not sure that it is true.. even though it possibly could be since it does damage your nervous system somehow.. Go to erowid.org .. you'll probably find some answers there...

Even though personally I do think it could be kinda true cause ever since I could remember that I started to use E I have been having quite a bit of back pains myself.. but it could also be the lack of sleep or something.. I don't know.. it's all confusing...

6. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

If I recall (and please correct me if I'm wrong), but when the brain has no serotonin left to push, the brain begins producing hydrogen peroxide in it's place potentially causing damage to the receptor...though it's been awhile since I've read up on the neurological activity of MDMA, so take that with a grain of salt.

7. psilonaut

psilonaut Mushroom Muncher

And LSD causes your brain to bleed!! Stay safe and smoke banana peels!

/Use common sense

8. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

Ive noticed that the past 3 times ive rolled, my back has all of sudden started hurting (I never have back problems)

9. eat_some_LSD

This could possibly be due to cramping, however, I'd find it hard to believe that Ecstasy would be the cause of this with so few uses.

10. The Flow

The Flow Member

He, he, all those myths about E... ;)

I remember a story that went around in the middle of the 90s. Some people said, that E can burn holes in your brain.
    This story was started on MTV. A mod was showing some PET pics (PET=positron emission tomography) of the brain of an E-user. On a PET-pic you can see the activity of certain regions of the brain. There were some black areas, which meant, that those area weren´t active at that time. The MTV-mod hadn´t understood that and in his confusion explained, that there were holes in the brain. A few days laters, some papers published this brand new scientific research result: "E makes holes in your brain!"
    So that´s were most of the drug legends start: in the desperate try of some people to talk about a subject, they don´t know anything about...

Don´t believe in such fairy tales!

Btw: (In this special matter,) I´d rather say: "MTV makes holes in your brain!"

11. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

ive not taken E yet but isnt it logical to conclude that back pain cannot be related to a drain of spinal fluid. how the hell would that cause back pain? back pain would most likely be caused by tensing of muscles, just like wheny ou clench your jaw, and from the dancing lots of people do while rolling? ??!

12. psilonaut

psilonaut Mushroom Muncher

Better yet, drains your spinal fluid - where does this fluid go!? ARG! drug myths make Chris angry:$

13. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i dont understand why the poster thinks it cant just dehydrate you....

14. twstd_munky

twstd_munky Member

it also could very well have to do w/ the speed or smack in it....i mean i myself have shaky hands and numb fingertips and certain parts of my face(ie my nose) but im dead convinced thats from the speed (i use to be a methhead) so...i think thats where alot of the symptoms come from

15. eat_some_LSD

Smack? I really hope you're not arguing that there is indeed heroin in rolls pills...:rolleyes:

The numbness could be from meth, however, it would be worth mentioning that amphetamines like MDMA, meth, speed, etc. can all cause stroke in higher doses and there's a very good possibility that such a condition could be the source of your numbness.

16. purcolekraze

purcolekraze Member

If you dance the night away you will sweet and it highers ur body temp and can dehydrate you. My mouth got really dry, even worse than cotten mouth. If you drink too much on E it is bad also.