is it raw milk?

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by LucidOne, Dec 12, 2008.

1. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

It's not going to help right away...:p
    You have to build up a good colony of bacteria in your gut!

It can take a while for the bacteria to get a good colony going.
    Several weeks of consuming some kind of fermented food everyday several times a day is what it takes sometimes. You don't have to eat very much at a time that way.

ZW

2. Stabby

Stabby Member

That doesn't really sound appealing. It's not like there would be any real health benefit. That reminds me of having to drink a little alcohol at a time until my body got used to being poisoned and I could consume larger amounts of alcohol without throwing up. I know that's not a perfect analogy but it's what it feels like. The question stands, why in the world would I want to do that?

3. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

On the contrary, the health benefits are numerous...
    Did you even look at the link I provided on acidophilus? :toetap05:

The shit is great for your digestive tract!
    I know It's uncomfortable at first getting used to cultured(fermented) foods with all the gas and whatnot, but that goes away eventually and your left with the digestion of a bear, you can eat just about any weird foods without problems.

ZW

4. Stabby

Stabby Member

Looks good. I meant dairy though. That's not dairy. I didn't even see that post because you posted twice in a row and the second was at the top of the page :/

5. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

My bad. I should have done an edit :eek:

Yeah probiotics either way...

Nope, your right. Don't need dairy...but I love it.
    I gotta have milk when I eat cake! (Preferably raw milk!):D

ZW :peace:

6. Stabby

Stabby Member

It appears as if those probiotics in the links are the truly healthy choice. Most Yogurt has such small amounts of probiotics that there's no real health benefit. At least they have lactase, so they digest their own lactose. How kind of them. Although judging by today's trial I don't think they do such a great job of it. Maybe raw milk is actually the miracle health tonic its advocates rave about, but their sales pitch consists of mainly praising its vitamins and minerals. Most people could do with a lot more calcium then they're getting, especially if their only source of it is pasteurized milk, and I suspect that these people started drinking a litre a day, saw health benefits from all the calcium and other nutrients and started calling raw milk the best thing since sliced bread. Not that that's a bad thing. If it turns out that it's all it's cracked up to be I'd at least drink raw chocolate milk. Chocolate almond milk just isn't the same...