Is it possible to be left handed and..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Stan, May 29, 2004.

1. Stan

Stan Member

Still use your right hand mostly? I guess I'm right handed but my mom said when I was younger she had to teach me to use my right hand for everything, considering the world is more acustom to right handed people. I smoke with my left hand.. I use my left hand to uhh, you know, and when I start new things I can use my left hand and do it better than my right hand can, I can also turn shit around and use my left hand for the mouse and right for the keyboard when I play computer games.

2. schatzi

schatzi Member

I think you just answered your own question. you can, can't you?

3. Stan

Stan Member

Not really.. I still use my right hand for 80% of the shit I do

4. schatzi

schatzi Member

you're probably ambidextrous (sp?) as in you can use both hands

5. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

no nothing is possible.

6. schatzi

schatzi Member

that's helpful, thanks

7. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

just tryin to look out ya' know:cool:

8. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i used my left hand all the time when i was little but when i got into school was forced by teachers to write with my right hand................
    so now i drive, do cartwheels, sew, type with my left hand and i write with my right one.................................................

9. schatzi

schatzi Member

lol, I know!

10. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I am left handed; my son's teacher told me at the first parent-teacher conference that he "seems to be favouring his left hand". I informed her that "yes, he's left handed. And so am I." Subject dropped immediately. Haha! There will be none of that forcing crap...or there will be trouble. ;)

11. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I'm left handed, bit I do some things right handed.

They say it's not a good idea to force a child that is favoring one hand to use the other.

12. random_spontaneosity

random_spontaneosity Member

im left ahnded and i use my right hand for most things but thats possibly becuase everyone else around me apart from my mum has been righthanded and objects are usually made for the right handed person so things have become used to being right handed. its annoying now when theres more things on the market thats been designed for lefties but i cant use them coz im so used to using righthanded stuff. and it wasnt until i was about 13 years old that at sports i got asked if i was right or left handed, so i said left and got taught a completely differnt wasy to how i had been doing it before which made me crap at sport in the end.

there are still lots of things i do left handed like writing, cutting bread or sawing wood, smoking, sometimes i swap the mouse over and use it lefthanded,

i htink its a harsh world for us lefties....

13. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

how barbaric,
    being forced to use you right hand when your obviously a lefty, what the hell is wrong with those teachers and why are they allowed to teach?

14. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

I had the same experience FunkyPhreshMama. In kindergarten I used both hands on most occasions, just picked which one I wanted to write with that day, etc. The teacher finally breaks down and made me only use my right one, I can tell that I definitely favor my left though.

15. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I'm right handed when I write, but for most other things, I'm left handed... I think I was a lefty to begin with, and forced to learn to write with my right...

16. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i wonder why this kinda thing botherd teachers so much................
    i still don't hold a pencil properly, i look double jointed when i do, it used to gross everyone out and they wold always ask "doesnt it hurt to hold a pen like that"

17. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

What does his sexual orientation have to do with it? ;)

18. badassdawickedmoose

badassdawickedmoose Member

when i was a kid i favoured my left hand, so my teacher taped all my left fingers together and made me use my right hand, so now i'm kinda half and half. i write right handed, but i drum left handed, my mouse is right handed, but i use a knife and fork left handed... it kinda bugs me when i do something left it is called 'the wrong way round', i just say 'mabye your doing it the wrong way around'... usually shuts them up :p

19. EuphoricBallah

EuphoricBallah Member

i am right handed but smoke with my left. People always ask me what the fuck im doing when i hold the bowl the other way, and i dont realize until then im like o yeah...i smoke left handed.
    ;)