is it peyote?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Jonny Bear, Aug 5, 2010.

1. cosmoknot

cosmoknot Humboldt County Homey

...tho' I don't puke, I get wicked headaches to
    start out w/ this ROA: Always heard that you
    need some albuterol, probl'y a harem/mescaline thing for dudes to all be miserable. the point of needing allllllllllllllllllll of those BUGS! Just figuring on waking up

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Oh, I don't think I would ever prefer to extract mescaline. I prefer the more sacramental context of preparing the cactus and consuming it. I'm not one to say natural is necessarily better than synthetic or extracted but it seems to play more into my psyche to truly revere the process when done naturally.

3. cosmoknot

well, I'm gonna stay as natural as possible @ least!

4. cosmoknot

I am only a VERRRY natural meats & such kinda dude for my diet & cannot THINK he's (the doc) acting alone, I think every HCP is in cahoots; & then as the town gets the Brian Jonestown Massacre for a night (well, closeby) enjoy folks, I will! Dr. Shulgin, this would be an ideal job for me to get more outta my own life, to pull these disparate elements together, spoken like two lushes, lol, that was fun for y'all involved, right? ...though which job exactly (please gimme some time @ which point now the carrots are belching funny smell, as is the onion & the brussell sprouts.......... Where am I going again? Oh yesh... So how rapidly I can consume & how concentrated the end product are w/ ANY substance that causes nausea: & sorta yeah, they've all got the alkaloids that get you sick, but mainly peyote derivatives (as I understand it) hold the bulk of these, & weirder still, that last dose of 2C-I I have done right will rawk my night! Oh yeah, the strange fact about puking on peyote: it's s'posta be kinda tonic-like, so yer s'posta puke & feel exponentially higher, mellower & overall just better once having wretched. Like cleansed & shit... Now I just need to go scour the desert floor 'til I find some!

5. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

If you are trying to consume cacti without nausea you might as well give up.

To really get far with peyote or any cactus you have to get over the fact that yeah your stomach might be upset, really upset. If you are clearing your system of processed foods and crap beforehand you might have an easier time handling it.

Ive had many times that i ate medicine and didn't feel sick in the slightest or puke. However If i'm eating a lot it's guaranteed that i will be dizzy and perhaps very nauseas as well. I counteract that by sitting very still because moving around can make it worse. The dizzy feeling from peyote is very disorienting, almost debilitating at times. Its just a part of it, you have to deal with it.

6. cosmoknot

I didn't know you get dizzy & nausious; well, I wanna find some before I move from the Chihauhaun Desert. I will make some straight mescaline, but I'll probably try the buttons too for good measure. :D

7. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

If you don't mind me asking, what part of the chuihuahuan do you live in? Are you in San Luis Potosi by chance? if so i would not take peyote from near there. Its really hurting in that area thanks to drug dealers and tourists.

8. cosmoknot

...I am not near that part of the desert. I am close to Odessa/Midland, but closer in by the border--almost near the space observatory in the DMR. It's here, just spread out far & wide. I take it you too must be in the Chihauhaun? It is so beautiful out here IMO. I could always stop by the Chihauhaun Desert Research Facility & ask outright if it's endangered in these parts. Of course, if I dug up an eight to ten year old plant, that sucker treated w/ kid gloves could live for maybe another decade & possibly propegate!

9. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

TBH it sounds like you are too far north. I have been through Midland/Odessa, Big Bend, Alpine, and Terlingua and there were plenty of cacti but no peyote. The further south you go the better your chances. The Rio Grande valley is where the limestone washes that peyote and similar cacti love to thrive in, beneath stands of mesquite and other desert scrub. Also a great hiding place for snakes hehehe.

The farthest north i have heard peyote being found is near the dead horse mountains in Big Bend Park, and that was in 2009. Certainly it is not common there, and you will have to go into the backcountry. But thats the northernmost tip end of the chihuahuan. Deeper in Mexico there is peyote in huge numbers and im sure most of it is right across the river. I bet if someone were to get a river pass in Big Bend, and ride a cayak or canoe down the rio grande, it would be no thing to step out on the other side and have a peek. There is some cool shit on the other side of the river too that i saw on google satellite, including an ancient volcano and an abandoned silver mine. I think it would be worth a backpacking trip while the weather is still decent.

10. cosmoknot

I think you're right, after all of the hikes I've taken or times out riding horseback and from what I have seen there's plenty of prickly pear and even outcroppings of mesquite here and there, I just haven't yet come across any peyote.
    Thanks for the head's up!

Well wait, the Rio Grande runs right along the bottom of Big Bend Park, so wouldn't it possibly stand to reason that a river pass and a cayak/canoe would essentially take you right to little mounds of peyote if you were to hunt some medicine down just from right there in the park along the river's edge?
    Hey man, if you're game for taking a backpacking trip down into the Rio Grande and possibly even across the border into the Chihauhaun deeper in, I'm totally game! You seem like a cool dude and someone who respects nature, so I'm guessing you'd be a blast to camp out with. Seriously, if you're into the idea for real, let's PM info and set something up! And not just to seek out peyote, but to mostly go camping in a kick-ass part of the globe!

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

dancing to dawn: why do you neg rep me on this topic which you obviously have little to no knowledge about? First off you can straight up eat a San pedro cactus or peyote button although that would be time consuming especially with the columar cactus, but even making a tea you are still getting all the other psychoactive alkaloids along with the mescaline.

12. cosmoknot

Somebody neg repped you for simply stating that it's possible to eat San Pedro or peyote cacti...as opposed to what, shooting up cactus juice?

13. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

i still haven't repped anyone for shit. Im going to give you a pos rep just so you stop whining , Guerillabeam :)

Cosmoknot

As much in love as i am with Big Bend Park and the Chihuahuan desert i can't trek out there anytime in the near future. First off its snake breeding season and i am deathly afraid of the combination of remote areas and horny, venomous reptiles. Also it's a 12 hour drive for me and the time i need to take off work will probably not be available till the holidays. I will probably be going in the winter. Fuck probably- i will go this year! ive put it off for too long.

The park is amazing, by far one of Texas' most beautiful. The stars are very clear and bright looking at them from high up in the Chisos basin, to the point where you cannot recognize constellations anymore because all the stars are shining the same and they are so numerous. The desert is so full of beautiful scenery as well. The remoteness and isolation of the place is unlike anywhere i have ever been. The 100 mile drive from marathon to the park is extreme, they don't call it marathon for nothing - not a single gas station or sign of human civilization the entire 100 miles. When you enter the park its like a scene from lord of the rings or something...doesnt even look like texas anymore total change in geography. you go from flat prairie and desert instantly to towering peaks and mesas jutting into the skyline

West of the park many of the mountains have been found with prehistoric altars on the top, and artifacts of all sort. Its likely people were praying with medicine in the region for thousands of years so its a very sacred place. I dream about this place sometimes and i wake up wishing i was there. I used to own a calcite crystal from the region that had healing properties but i lost it.

14. digisynth420

digisynth420 Banned

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45709&d=1286563748 does your powder look like this? brown with little crystals in it? If so i found out on here it is uncleaned material and i had to eat a gram to recieve disired affects from that kind.. i just recently got 2 grams in. the little crystals are the strongest part i learned on here the extras are junk alkaloids just not cleaned out.

15. Dancing til Dawn

Dancing til Dawn Senior Member

I spoke to my friend in NZ this eve (who i did the journey with) and Im told her and Grant de-spiked the cactus the day I was away in the bay, when i came home we prepared it so yes my mistake- It was along time ago I did fresh san pedro 7 years ago in fact and I had no idea my friends de-spiked it before we prepared until now..

Did that deserve neg rep? a mistake i made? ... almost as silly for what I gave you the rep for hey wouldnt ya say?
    Omacatl- you made me smile...

Some people are all beads and no balls!

:sunny:

16. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Marathon is about 30 minutes from here.... I should go to the park at some point. Been planning on it for some time.

17. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member