Is it paranoid to think every stranger you meet could be a serial killer?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by lesti4futa, May 23, 2014.

1. lesti4futa

lesti4futa Guest

True, the cost of living is death one way or another serial killer or not

themnax likes this.
  2. lesti4futa

lesti4futa Guest

Am not that afraid to do so, lol I still go out, hang out at places with and by myself. Its just I do not trust others so easily. I have a lot am constructive in, I still should pay attention around me

themnax likes this.
  3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

its not paranoid at all to think everyone COULD BE anything.
    paranoid is when you think everyone IS.

4. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

It is paranoid to think, against your best judgement, everyone still could be something other than you think for without the voices in your head. You probably mean let the voices in your head tell you IS-ness.

Thus speaks the issue of not over-using positive possibility thinking.

5. verminous_plague

verminous_plague Banned

Not at all. It's rational actually! This is the key in today's new age society. We're brought up so naive and told everyones liberal and loving and yet sociopaths and psychopaths haven't gone away. Murderous people are still here and probably a lot more due to the self-esteem movement. Sociopaths and psychopaths are very confident and attain high level positions in all careers. We always think that the low level thug on the street is the only one who steals or kills. It's the so called "professionals" in business or politics or church that are the real ones to watch out for. The western world needs to once again start questioning the professionals; doctors, lawyers, teachers, politicians, because that's the real psychopath.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

its not paranoid to take REASONABLE precautions against worst case possibilities. it IS paranoid to assume they are the only kind of possibilities that can exist.

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

themnax....that is how I feel, as well.

8. atsizat9050

atsizat9050 Members

I dont see people as serial killers but as ones who can stab me if I cross them. I have a fear of being stabbed. 4 people threatened me in last 2 years. The last one said he was gonna cut me. I have this thing, if one does threaten me, I get scared.

9. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

There are people who I happen to see that I will get a very strong feeling to avoid. This is fairly rare, though. I like to imagine people's lives when I'm bored, and I make up stories about a lot of people who I see in passing :).

11. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

12. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

There is a distinction between thinking and believing.

13. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that since the abolition of the death penalty in the UK police use that tactic now and again, particularly among gang members. LOL.

14. ErikNorse

ErikNorse Members

No. It's not paranoid at all. If you have a gut feeling that you should avoid those giving off a creepy vibe then I would defo avoid them. Maybe it is b/c I am slightly misanthropic and don't readiy trust those whom I have not come into contact with much. I mean not everyone you meet will be a Dahmer or Gacy but it is wise imho to err on the side of caution. I think also b/c I read a lot of psychological police novels the idea is in the back of my lizard brain.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't look at people like serial killers, no. I look at people like my next victim.

themnax likes this.
  16. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

With corona virus, You never know. If you come in contact, with someone with corona, You could die, because of them. At my age I play it safe, and avoid contact. Have to admit after a couple of weeks, starting to get a bit bored.

17. WhatJustHappened

WhatJustHappened Members

I get unwanted attention because I look somewhat thuggish.......
    Perhaps a crook in the eyes of store security.
    It is unsettling!

then I pull out a wad of notes and tell them to fuck off! If I’m walking out with anything I intend on paying for it!

sometimes though, looking sinister can be beneficial. It means I get left alone.

yay!

18. Dax

Dax Members

The worst serial killer is on the loose right now ... Covid19

themnax likes this.
  19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i think its paranoid to think the universe gives enough of a shit about anyone to think its out to get them.

cause and effect serves vengence cold to those who hate logic.

20. .

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2020