is it ok to hug and kiss your boss?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by bonita95, Aug 2, 2013.

1. bonita95

bonita95 Member

and nice to be a mum hehe :love::mickey:

2. bonita95

bonita95 Member

lucky i took up babysittin! you take it up too and be lucky :love:

3. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

LOVE IT!:devil:

4. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

"Pow, right in the kisser" :)

5. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

To the Moon!

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Well, since you have said you have the hots for this guy, you can't really care what we think of it.

But in general, a person in authority being physically affectionate with a person under their authority (and a single man paying you is indeed a position of authority) is abusing their position.

In many places it is illegal, and it is unethical in general.
    Many companies have rules against coworkers dating, much less subordinates and superiors.

7. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I understand what you mean, but I don't think it matters much in her case. I mean, she's the babysitter, not a secretary in an office. The OP has said that specifically. Plus it is SHE who is being affectionate and her boss initially reacted to that display of affection by reciprocating. If anything, this sounds more like a romantic situation to me than some sort of sexual harassment.

I think the problem with the legal system is that it may protect the weaker(emoplyee) in cases such as this, but not when the situation is reversed. The impression that I've gotten from reading the OP's posts is that she has been the more assertive one of the two in this situation, not the other way around. There's no abuse of power being displayed there as far as I'm concerned. To make the matter even simpler, he is single which means the OP doesn't have to worry about committing adultery. But if the law got involved here, then he would be the one getting in trouble even though, essentially, it would be SHE who had done the harm, not him. It's not like they are doing anything wrong in the first place, though. Society is fucked up because it has a way of taking something beautiful and totally twisting it into something awful. It's like, if you enjoyed a great cup of tea or whatever, then society would find a way to somehow turn that into a crime, or something. It's really sad in my opinion.

The only way this whole thing could turn into hell is IF she later decided to sue him for sexually harassing her. But considering what she's said on here so far...... Why on earth would she do that, right?

8. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I think it's a natural response for a single dad to be attracted to his child's care giver. I've had a day care dad try to hit me up before. I say if the attraction is mutual, then by all means go for it. I personally don't mix business and pleasure though.

9. outonthetiles

outonthetiles Member

Exactly! But if you are going to pursue a relationship with him, stop referring him as your boss and start calling him your boyfriend. LOL! Just be careful around any other sitters he might hire!

10. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Alternative Thinker, I see what you are saying.
    I did say, "in general," to explain why it's looked at as abusive.

However, does that mean its ok for a nanny to be harassed? Or a house cleaner? Or home care nurse?

It isn't just offices.

11. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

This is one awkward thread.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It would be if the op was for real. On the other hand, it still might be because lots of people are replying in all seriousness :p

13. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I agree. But I don't know if you've understood my previous post. I never implied that it would be alright for nanny, house keeper, or a home care nurse, to be harassed. Because it isn't. But that's just it; the OP's situation isn't about her being harassed. If anything, SHE is the one "harassing" her BOSS. And yet the law would make it look like it was HE who did the harassing.

This is essentially what is, in a way, even more disturbing than the harassment itself. These bosses who supposedly have the "power" actually DON'T in many cases, because the law has given the employees even more power than their bosses have. All they have to do is cry "sexual harassment!!!" and their bosses are gone. And some of these employees DO harass this power. So many men are now afraid to even be alone in an elevator with a female for the fear of potentially being accused of sexual assault for this very reason.

The flaw in society is that it makes even the initiator of an act into the one on the receiving end if/when THE OTHER party is, in the eye of society, superior to the former party. In the case of the OP, it was NOT her boss who was hitting on her first. It was the OP herself who took the initiative and made all the first moves. And yet society will only see this as some sort of sexual harassment committed by the poor dude.

Only, I never even got any impression that some sort of power harassment was taking place from reading her posts in the first place. I simply interpreted the whole thing as a happy situation where she was happy with her boss, and he was in turn happy with his child's babysitter, thus they get along very well. If romance blossoms out of that combination, then I don't see anything wrong with that.

14. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

So let's get more serious replies.

Just to make it more real. :D

15. Asmodean

More personal similar experiences about this serious matter. Just to make it more awkward!

16. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I think your all wasting yourself on a sophisticated trollette.

17. Asmodean

That's another way of putting it.

18. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

just curious, how old is the dad?

19. bonita95

bonita95 Member

seems unfair, because sometimes you get a crush for people :love:
    but rules are rules policy is policy i guess.

for sure i promise not to sue! he is just really magnet :afro: so hard not to try for him :mickey:

thanks! i had another flirty boss but i never done this before. just my boss now is so magnanimus its hard to breath normal when i talk to him [​IMG]

"my boyfriend" does sound nicer.
    thats ok i'll always look after his/our kids!

20. bonita95

bonita95 Member

i wish i was not telling the truth. i wish my life was not so complicated. but the workforce/adult world just is :(

its funny how the workforce is so tricky but at school it was fine for teachers to sleep with students or for us to flirt together. my homeroom teacher looked straight at thighs like it was nothing if you sat near him :sultan:

well the boy i'm sitting is 8 and his dad is young for a dad 31 :driving:
    see its not what you think. not a crazy age gap.

sorry i took a while to reply just busy getting adjusted a lot!