Is it normal to hear weird things on magic mushrooms??

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by fall1, May 9, 2013.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Yah mushrooms can cause auditory hallucinations and distortions.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Hearing stuff is one thing... It's when you start seeing sounds, that's when you got to be careful.

3. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Ive never heard things just sound was mire intense

4. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

I've never got color-sound synesthesia :(
    Though I've seen ideas, felt mood through taste buds and things like that...

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Looks similar to heat visual distortion... Add color and you won't want to come down. :2thumbsup:

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not at all. Even then you can just lay back and enjoy the scenery :2thumbsup:

7. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

Had to comment, because I was at sea of dreams this year despite my location! I once thought I was hearing voices, and a girl screaming while i was on mushrooms. Once that happens I think certain people ignore it and certain people become more alert (which I think leads to more intense auditory hallucinations - listening for them). It turned out that my neighbours were having a fire and they were drunk and laughing etc. and I heard it through my window.

Auditory hallucinations honestly make me nervous while on psychedelics. At least when I am tripping hard enough to hear weird waves and stuff but not tripping hard enough to have an ego death and experience being the waves. Voices aren't common for me. If I legitimately was hearing voices I probably would have discontinued the use of psychedelics. Giving the brain a bit of sound to focus on like music or a podcast usually helps me if I'm hearing weird sounds, because as of yet I have not found any benefit to just sitting there and listening to the weird sounds, it just makes me feel like im psychotic.

8. seaofdreams

seaofdreams Member

The voices I would hear were actually comforting but I understand where you're coming from. I used to eat shrooms every week and when you're using that often, it can reach a point where you keep getting the same trip.

Once on a rather large dose of shrooms I was laid out on the floor in deep contemplation. At this point some friends were knocking on my door and calling my name, I thought I had imagined it until they later told me they actually did stop by :)

To me it seemed amazing, because while a trip takes place sometimes it seems like your mind is manifesting things around you and it is in a way.

9. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

I remember one time I was tripping in my living room and a police car with his sirens blaring drove by...... The rest of the night I could swear I could hear cops running up my porch and shouting commands...... Could hear dozens of police cars pulling up outside.

I just hid under my bed until morning.

10. falconer

falconer Member

I used to hear music each time. A couple of months ago i saw two pale figures and a bright light ehich were accompanied by music and a blaring, trumpetting sound. Ever since that time ive been hearing music everywhere, sober. Not a perma trip, just accustomed to eat since i take a trip weekly, if not more than once.