Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by AlyssaAnn19, Apr 3, 2007.

1. AlyssaAnn19

AlyssaAnn19 Member

Okay, my boyfriend and I have been dating for the past 2 months. Before that, he did not date anyone for a year, so his last relationship was over a year ago... okay, well he has pictures of them 2 around his room. I mean granted he is still friends with the girl. Does anyone else find that a bit odd? He had a picture of them on his website so I told him I didn't like the fact of him having that picture on his page and the ones on the walls. We got in a huge fight, so he finally took the one down from his website but the ones on his walls continue to be there. just really bothers me that they are there but he won't seem to take them down no matter how much i show it bothers me. What is everyone's opinion? Is it crazy that I don't think he should have them still hanging up on his walls?

2. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

In my opinion, yes. If he's still friends with her, he has every right to have a picture of her on his website/wall.

Besides, why do you care? As long as he is being faithful, what's the problem?

Or are you just feeling jealous and possessive?

3. AlyssaAnn19

AlyssaAnn19 Member

No I don't think I am jealous or anything.

It's just that in all the pictures they are clearly a couple. Like holding hands, arms around eachother, kissing.

They still tell eachother they love eachother and miss eachother.

IDK, I feel its weird.

4. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

only if he has pictures of his other friends around. otherwise, id probably be a little weirded out too. i think you need to sit down adn calmly explain how you feel about it, not get mad or demanding or anything. dont demand that he remove the pictures, but tell him why they make you uncomfortable

5. Marija

Marija Senior Member

get out of there!

it has been over a year and he still haven't get over her?

6. lulla

lulla Member

You should explain him that it doesn't really look like they both are over eachother or that they're just friends. Maybe try to make him choice between you and her but do it slowly, don't force so that you won't leave as the only loser in this.

7. mrpwonder

mrpwonder Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

He's still into them. A picture of just the person is one thing, still putting up pics as a couple is not cool. I'd find another guy. He still seems interested in the old g/f. He may dump you cold if she shows any interest in him.

8. blenderhead

blenderhead Member

what kind of relationship did he have with his ex? was it long term?
    cos if it was, and he loved her, then as much as you dont like it, he's always gonna have a place in his heart for this girl, even if its the tinyest of feelings. what you need to do is stop obsessing about his ex, and look at as a new expericance for him. give him something new and fresh, cos all this is probably a new exciting time for him.

and i agree with whoever said "dont demand" what he has on his website/walls. tell him how you feel, and that you fdont have a problem with him keeping pictures. he should really have them locked away in a box or something if he's moved on n with someone new. :)

9. Crystalsatreehugger

Crystalsatreehugger Member

I wouldn't take that shit but I'm in a two year relationship.

You've only been together 2 months. He should respect that it makes u uncomfortable, and if not find someone who will. sounds like a douche

10. Winehouse

Winehouse Member

One of my ex's used to do something similar! He may be keeping them up there purely for the reason he KNOWS it bothers u, and he is liking the jealousy that is being caused! He sounds like an absolute prick he really does, be very careful with this guy, he could be a very manipulating character, like my ex. Tell him its you or the pictures, and say if he wants to be with u he should have more respect for you by not having the pics up there, say that you aren't jealous by them, more offended because he is with you. Or give him a taste of his own medicine!!!

11. Winehouse

Winehouse Member

dont listen to SILVERWOLF(sorry), its not about feeling jealous, its more about respect in a relationship, every girl wants to feel loved and that they are the only ones, its only natural

12. feralfey

feralfey Member

*Does he have pictures of you on his walls/website?
    *Does he have pictures of his friends other than her on his walls/website?
    *Has he been faithful to you?

If the answer to those three questions is yes, then I wouldn't worry about it.
    If it's no, then agree that you should try to calmly disscuss it with him.

13. brainstew

brainstew Member

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BE FRIENDS? Silverwolf is right, he has every right, it's a mix of paramoia and jealiousy. People are so negative minded, I can understand if he had pics of her up and they were provocative and he talked about her 24/7 and he was obsessed but he just wants pictures of is friend oin his wall. I have pictures of my friends on my wall. If you truely know he loves you then it wouldn't bother you, see those women as friends, not ex's and he's with you and not with them, does that mean anything? You need to know that he loves you and not be afraid that he's still inlove with someone else that says that you have regrets in a relationship of that you are unsure of yourself.