is it going to happen?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Silver Shadow, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Silver Shadow

Silver Shadow Member

Hi
    Im starting to worry about my dreadies. I'm at 5 months now, (backcombed tightly, no wax). They havent shrunk, looped or changed one bit yet, other than getting tighter and longer as they grow. In fact they're really tight already, and Im concerned they arent going to go through that loopy-shrinky-crazy stage.
    I know 5 months isnt long, and I also know everyone's hair locs differently, I cant help thinking that my initial backcombing was too tight in the first place, leaving the dreads with little room for shrinkage etc. Ive had NO unravelling other than the tips, so that's one explanation.
    Also, I palm roll em briefly after each wash, about every 5 days or so; maybe that's keeping em too thin??

(Btw, I have 37 dreads, and its medium-thick shoulder length caucasian hair.) Sorry for long post :) thanks.

2. oilymoily

oilymoily Banned

why are you complaining :) 5 months and still tight with no unraveling? I'd say good for you... don't worry about it, when the hairs want to loop and shrink and go mad, they will, without warning. just enjoy it :)

3. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

silver shadow - do you have any pics ? if so id love to see them :)

4. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

Your doing good! They're fine... I know how you feel about he crazy stage but you bypassed it alrdy I backcombed my last set tightly and they were great. If you want fuck one of the dreads up and you'll have a crazy one atleast haha

5. Silver Shadow

Silver Shadow Member

Thanks guys, :)
    Im working on a timeline at the moment, but I have to rely on someone else to take the pics (dont have digi camera and my last pics came out crap...).
    I dont fancy messing a dreadie up just for fun! LOL If Ive missed that stage then I'll have to accept it; But Im hangin on for the change anyway 'cos yes..... it might happen when Im not expecting it. ;P