is it a turnoff?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Becknudefck, May 27, 2004.

1. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

this is for my friend. she has really low self esteem and think no guys like her because she has a little bit of love handle type things. I keep trying to convince her that that does not always matter to guys but she wont believe me and has led me to believe that it is a great turn off. guys, is it bad to have a little excess fat on your body. love handles, not flat stomach but almost there, big thighs etc? i really want to prove this to her.

2. socialmachine

socialmachine Member

i love it when girls have some love handles and a little bit of a belly, like veluptious, its sexy as hell

3. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Not really. As long as the chicks not huge a little fat is ok, sometimes even cool. Love handles are perfectlly fine. Its not overlapping her hips are they?

4. Becknudefck

omg no but thank you she was soo depressed about that. shes here and saw it and now actually feels better thanx!

5. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Better enough to show us a pic :D? Too verify of course

6. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I gotta say that I prefer a girl with a bit of meat on her. It's the anorexic-looking ones that tend to turn me off. I like to be able to hug someone without feeling like I'm going to break them in two.

And I agree, let's see a pic.

7. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

this is a shallow world we live in. i think we're all beuatiful. except the bearded lady at the circus. well maybe the bearded lady. no. don't be taken in by the fad diet ads or thef act that the only overwieght people in hollywood are actors. there are guys that'll like her. and when she gets one of these guys, they don't care about your "chubbyness", so don';t degrade yourself in front of them. i'm still trying to "train" my gf.

8. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Yeah, some of these models make me wanna sick up they're so skinny. Skeletons. Love handles are cool, maybe even a little past. Most people who are fat (like 3,4, 500) are just sick; they eat and eat and eat and do nothing but eat and bitch about being eating all the time. Even if people like that were skinny and "beautiful", i still would'nt want them, i hate people like that. Anyways, + to love handles.

9. Becknudefck

srry no pic. she left a few hours ago but that made her feel better:)

10. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

Society does horrible things to one self esteem [or rather, it does if one lets it].

Ever since I was about 13 until last year, my "friends" would continually make fun of me for being fat. Everytime we'd eat, they'd make comments about how I should never eat, and when I wore clothing they told me I looked big. I was never by any means "fat", though I did have a bit of excess weight. To doctors I was considered healthy, but in their minds I was ugly... why? These people are shallow and close-minded. They believe that beautiful is what is seen on tv, as if a girl/guy needs to have an eating disorder to be deemed good-looking to the rest of the world. I don't understand how people could be so judgemental, and I cannot stand how some people act.

Personally, I believe having some "meat" on a guy/girls body is nice. It seems that some people think that being thin means having all of someones ribs well-defined and accompanied with a "6 pack." For women especially, curves are really nice, and many girls don't get that that is the way we are supposed to be!

I think the most important thing is to be healthy, and not worry so much as to what everyone else thinks. We're all beautiful, it's sad people don't see that.

<3

11. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

-snaps- Rats. Well glad I made her feel better. Its true. We live in a sick world where your Fox and MTV, and E! tell you if you dont look just so you wont find anyone and will die cold and alone. Total bullshit. Love Handles got their name for a reason :D

12. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Member

See what I mean? Look at what people go through for relationships. You have to excercise, watch what you eat, have a personality, dwell over people thinking you're fat, spend time and money dating, going through break-ups or divorces, having barbers cutting x's on your hair, and on and on and on...

And satisfaction of lust is not even permanant. Even if I could do Brittany Spears, that won't make me feel better 2 days later when I want to do her all over again.

Again, relationships are NOT WORTH IT.

13. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

My ex had a friend who was dating a woman that weighed about 85 or 90 pounds... She gave me a hug one time and I just shivered at how sickening it felt. I could feel her bones and it totally felt like I was going to break her and I couldn't pull away from her fast enough.

I do not understand why some men find this appealing...

Most of the guys I've known, have preferred their women to have a little bit of meat on their bones. This guy was an exception...

14. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I don't know why there has to be a preference, why can't we just all agree that people are beautiful and we don't all need to lose or gain weight in order to look acceptable?

Some people are naturally thin, it doesn't make them anorexic, some people are naturally heavier, it doesn't make them pigs.

As long as they are not killing themselves, on either side of the spectrum, they are fine.

One's body mass doesn't make them attractive or not, there are so many other factors, people should really get over the physical, superficial shit, there is so much more to life. So much more fascinating than looks, thanks very much.

15. butterfly

butterfly Member

I'm just going to get a chocolate bar.....

16. Jay-Jay

Jay-Jay Member

nobody wants to smack ribcage when they fuck.
    girls need some meat.
    a little love handles can be sexy.
    in any case as long as she has a pretty face and she is not obese, most guys wont care.
    it is not a turnoff for me.
    matter of fact sometimes i like a chubby chick.
    they have soft mouths and they ALWAYS swallow.
    i love 'em

17. Jay-Jay

Jay-Jay Member

I agree with the guy above me.
    he knows what he is talking about.
    good advice Jay-Jay

18. High

High Member

My wife is all curvy and after she had our baby boy she got even bigger, but I love it. Real woman HAS to look with a bit of fat, big thighs. It is sexy and plus nature gives big thighs for women in order then to be able to give a good birth. So your friend is fine. She just needs to love herself the way she is. 90-60-90 is not really a perfection.

19. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

i love a little thickness to my women. not like fat and sloppy, but definitely some meat on the bones. i like a little belly, and nice rounded hips and such. it's soooo sexy. your friend should concentrate on feeling sexy herself, and then other people will find her sexy, no matter what she looks like. i don't fit into the "traditional" values of beauty at all, but i like who i am and what i look like, and i find myself sexy, so others do too! :p

20. joo kyle

joo kyle thisandthat

The majority of guys in America like full figured woman and do not super model skinny girls. However, I won't say where I fall in on that because I'm sure I'd get shit.