Is Is Philando Castile's Girlfriend A Racist For Saying "all Lives Matter?"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fueled by Coffee, Jul 8, 2016.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Modern Germany is a long way from fascism. You could also argue many Germans during WW2 did not fully understand what was happening to undesirables in society. What about the innocent German women who were raped by the allies? They did not run any camps. It's an unpopular reality in war. A lot of stressed lonely young men have needs. The enemy is evil so doing evil things to them matters less. I'm not supporting Nazis in any way but not all Germans supported the party.

The south gets a romanticized education on the Civil War. It's "states rights" and stories of poor farmers protecting their land without addressing what the major state right was. The south's economy depends on slave labor. If slavery is illegal the economy will collapse. In this culture of free labor Biblical passages are cited to justify slavery. It's seen as the patriotic and Christian thing to rule the black race.

People like to say "my family was too poor to own slaves" as if it excuses the southern culture as a whole. Probably true meaning your ancestors did the work of slaves on their own land. But they would have owned a slave if they could and likely had pro Christian therefore pro slavery views. A lot of people in the South are very nice and the flag is something for football games and fun. But they are so attached to this fun they ignore the racist dog whistles and reality of the Confederate flag. I don't blame the people I blame education.

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Like I said before, how about 'DECENT LIVES MATTER'?

This is why BLM movement will never actually help decent black people. It is double edged hypocrisy. Black lives matter, but don't belittle our black racist anger by talking about truth and facts about black deaths. Ignore that black people are 19 times more likely to die from black violence than all other homicides combined. Focus on the tiny fraction of a percent of thugs who die resisting arrest and burn down your neighborhood as if it is justifiable. Talk insistently about how they are 3 times as likely to be killed by cops while never mentioning they are 4 times as likely to be involved in crime. It's all white devils fault, take no responsibility in your roles in your own disparity and complacency and empathy to the criminal thugs who are keeping you down. Black people will never rise above this shit, ignoring facts, lying to yourselves, empathizing with your criminals...

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When looking for a suspect, skin colour is a major factor, along with gender and body build. Initially clothing is also taken into account, but this can soon be changed or outer clothing discarded. A suspect being in the company of people who do not meet the criteria is a common ploy among criminals.

Once stopped, most police check for criminal record as part of their decision making process.
    It is not nice for people who meet the criteria of any groups who commit a lot of crime, but what is the alternative.?

My first impression after reading the title of this thread, was that the girl was not in the least racist, but after reading the comments I now find it very hard to decide.

Once again, the power of the media is involved, which in the US seems to create a lot of divide. They should remain completely neutral, but it is easier said than done.

wrat1 and ~Zen~ like this.
  4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

And there's bad trigger happy cops who should never have joined the force. But when they kill a white man, it's just an incident we probably never hear about. But if they kill a black man, it's automatically a racist hate crime. Forget that the black man was not following instructions at gun point, or running for fuck knows what behind a car door, or still fighting after being tased...

5. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Well said.

I recently found a picture of my sister, she was waving a Confederate flag at the age of 6 years old... in Florida at the urging of our Grandparents... I think she will be mortified when I show it to her...

When I was in High School briefly in Sarasota, pamphlets and flyers would be found in our lockers from the local KKK recruitment center. (1968)

I don't know that things have changed there.

6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The thousands of German Jews who fled to the UK in the years leading up to WW2 were definitely not Nazi supporters.
    One part of the war that is rarely mentioned is what happened when war was declared in 1939. Being as we declared war, they were given to option of leaving the UK or spending their time in prison camps. Needless to say, almost all of them preferred our prison camps to the gas chambers.
    Within a few weeks, Churchill approved their conditional release. They were not expected or allowed to serve in the military, or work in the factories producing arms to be used against their native country (although many of them would have been quite happy to do anything to get rid of Hitler). They had to report daily to register at a police station, but women and children were exempt. Men who worked in occupations such as teaching were also allowed to sign in at their place of employment.
    Most of WW2 was nothing like what we see on our cinema and television screens.

~Zen~ likes this.